The Suomi College of Arts and Sciences (SCAS) provides academic programs that prepare students through scholarly and creative endeavors to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
SCAS programs stimulate curiosity, exercise critical thinking, hone communication skills, and promote active citizenship. Faculty within the College are committed to helping students succeed in their chosen disciplines. Students are prepared for graduate programs, and for careers that demand critical thinking and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Communication – Students will be able to communicate in both the spoken and written word, with clarity and originality while adapting to diverse situations.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking – Students will be able to gather relevant data and information, evaluate ideas, and draw relationships and conclusions across areas of study.
- Creative Insight – Students will be able to integrate knowledge, skills, diverse perspectives, and collaborative processes to produce an expansive holistic approach to problem-solving.
- Personal Perspective – Students will be able to articulate and model a personal philosophy that expresses care for self, community, and lifelong learning.
- Global Perspective – Students will be able to exhibit an understanding of and appreciation for diverse cultures and the natural environment, and demonstrate a sense of belonging in an interdependent world.