To take an Institutional Challenge Exam, Finlandia University students must obtain a form from the Testing Center and submit the completed request (in writing) to the academic dean of the subject area in which the course is offered. For each exam, a $95 fee must be paid in full at the Office of Student Accounts prior to the scheduled exam date.
Requests to complete an ICE exam are subject to the following guidelines:
- Each academic dean establishes the courses for which ICE credits will be accepted. (See ICE chart below) The college, school, or department develops the test to be used.
- The minimum passing grade for all exams is a “C.”
- Students may not take the Institutional Challenge Exam if the course is being taken or has been taken at Finlandia University.
- The credits earned do not count toward residency requirements.
- Students may not take an ICE for a course that is available through the CLEP program.
- Students may only attempt one ICE for each course.
Currently Offered Finlandia ICE Exams:
|BUS 138||Fundamentals of Business, Economics, and Entrepreneurship|
|BUS 141||Business Communications|
|CIS 102||Introductory Computer Applications|
|HSC 112||Medical Terminology|
|MAT 140||Intermedia Algebra|