January 2019 course registration
This page will be fully updated on November 1, 2018.
New, incoming/transfer students
For questions regarding your scheduling process, please contact your enrollment officer in the Office of Admissions.
Beginning on November 12, online class registration through the Empower program will be taking place for the January 2019 semester.
To do before registering
- Meet with your advisor in regards to planning out your schedule beginning on November 5. At this point, your advisor will give you a PIN that will allow you to sign up for classes when you are eligible.
- Verify that you do not have any holds on your account. If you have a hold from any department, including financial aid, student accounts, admissions or security, you will NOT be permitted to register for classes.
- You can log into the Empower program online and any holds from these departments will be listed on the Welcome screen. It is your responsibility to clear up the holds that have been placed on your account.
- Spring/Summer 2019 grads must have their graduation applications submitted by December 1.
Online Registration Schedule – to be updated on nov. 1
Registration Resources – to be updated on nov. 1
- Master Schedule – January 2019 (web)
- EMPOWER Access
- Finlandia Core Courses – January 2019
- Finlandia Core Courses Comprehensive List (For students under a progress sheet that is 2015-16 or prior)
- Writing Intensive Courses – January 2019 (For students under the 16-17 progress sheet or beyond)
- Writing Intensive Courses – Historical
- Summer 2018 Discounted Courses (A full summer listing is available on the master schedule through Empower)
- Student Registration Instructions
- The ACKNOWLEDGE button is your friend! If you have any PENDING classes that have an “Acknowledge” option, be sure to hit the button to complete the process.
- If a class is full to capacity and you want/need to be in the course, be sure to select the Wait List option on your pending courses.
If you have any questions on registration for the upcoming semester, please contact your advisor or someone in the registrar’s office.