Creating business professionals for the global marketplace
The International School of Business at Finlandia University provides a liberal arts-based, practical-oriented undergraduate business education. Our unique learning environment will enable you to make the most of your university experience. If you possess excellent motivation, a strong work ethic, a high level of discipline, and a desire and passion to succeed, the International School of Business will provide a business degree that leads to the opportunity to pursue a rewarding professional career, and enable you to grow and realize your potential as an individual.
Students earn a BBA with a concentration in one of the following areas: Accounting, Arts Management, Healthcare Management, International Business, Management & Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Sports Management, and Marketing and Graphic Design.
Innovative Business Degree Programs
The International School of Business made the Business Research Guide’s list of the nation’s 50 most innovative small college business departments. It’s an honor the school earned because of its unique business degree programs including the following:
ISB students experience small class sizes, a university-wide support network, and faculty that are approachable and willing to help prepare them for a rewarding career and fulfilling life.
- The ISB curriculum teaches both the theoretical and practical aspects of business.
- Through our extensive network of regional and international businesses, students are able to regularly interact with entrepreneurs, business managers and other professionals.
- We work with our students to find quality internships that enable them to gain valuable experience and utilize their Finlandia education. Many internships have directly led to employment for our graduates.
An Entrepreneurial Emphasis
- Students will be especially prepared to work in small and medium sized companies and to bring a much sought-after entrepreneurial mindset to employers of all types and sizes.
- Students have the opportunity to learn first hand about entrepreneurship through the FUEL Studio, a student-run business on campus.
- The global implications of doing business, even for small and medium-sized organizations, are a major emphasis of the Finlandia University International School of Business degree programs.
- Study abroad opportunities: ISB students will have the opportunity for semester long or short term study abroad opportunities in Finland – one of the World’s most innovative and progressive business countries! See below for more information.
- International internships: qualified students will have the possibility to do internships with Finnish and other international companies.
Business Degree Scholarships
More than 98 percent of Finlandia University students qualify and utilize financial aid resources each year, including incredible merit-based scholarship opportunities that actually make school more affordable for students who earn good grades.
Study Abroad Opportunities
Students considering traveling abroad to study International Business must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA and apply to the Dean of the International School of Business to make arrangements. Students are highly encouraged to study at least one year of the Finnish language (or language of destination country) prior to departure. Finlandia’s business school works exclusively with Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, JAMK University of Applied Sciences (Jyväskylä) and JAMK Summer School – Creativity and Communication in Business to provide opportunities for students.
International School of Business News
News and Notes from Finlandia's business school
- February 8
Taking account of the accounting program with Laura Sieders
Following the standard requirements to be a CPA , the courses at FinnU prepare students to go into their fifth year of accounting and to go on and take the CPA exam The small class size sets the degree program apart from larger schools. Sieders mentioned she loves getting to know her students on a first name [...]
- February 7
Chairman of the Board for Finnish company Ponsse presenting at Finlandia on February 13
Finlandia University is thrilled to welcome Juha Vidgren, Chairman of the Board, Ponsse PIc,, to campus. Vidgren has been on the board of Ponsse since 2000, and with the company since 1998.
Vidgren will be giving a presentation at the Finnish American Heritage Center on Wednesday, February 13 at 3 p.m. The presentation, titled How a one man operation in rural Finland became a global leader, will center around the idea of what anyone can accomplish if they apply themselves.
- January 30
Alumna Jamie Thyrion overcomes obstacles on path to success
As a student at Finlandia University, Jamie Thyrion (‘08) balanced raising an infant son, working a part-time job and tutoring other students while working toward her business degree. Make that work takes sisu, and there’s no shortage of it for this exceptional FinnU graduate.
An Ahmeek native [...]