Creating business professionals for the global marketplace
The International School of Business at Finlandia University provides a liberal arts-based, practical-oriented undergraduate business education. Our unique learning environment will enable you to make the most of your university experience. If you possess excellent motivation, a strong work ethic, a high level of discipline, and a desire and passion to succeed, the International School of Business will provide a business degree that leads to the opportunity to pursue a rewarding professional career, and enable you to grow and realize your potential as an individual.
Students earn a BBA with a major in one of the following areas: Accounting, Healthcare Management, International Business, Management & Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Sports Management, and Marketing and Graphic Design.
Innovative Business Degree Programs
The International School of Business made the Business Research Guide’s list of the nation’s 50 most innovative small college business departments. It’s an honor the school earned because of its unique business degree programs including the following:
ISB students experience small class sizes, a university-wide support network, and faculty that are approachable and willing to help prepare them for a rewarding career and fulfilling life.
- The ISB curriculum teaches both the theoretical and practical aspects of business.
- Through our extensive network of regional and international businesses, students are able to regularly interact with entrepreneurs, business managers and other professionals.
- We work with our students to find quality internships that enable them to gain valuable experience and utilize their Finlandia education. Many internships have directly led to employment for our graduates.
An Entrepreneurial Emphasis
- Students will be especially prepared to work in small and medium sized companies and to bring a much sought-after entrepreneurial mindset to employers of all types and sizes.
- Students have the opportunity to learn first hand about entrepreneurship through regular interaction with entrepreneurs and business leaders
- The global implications of doing business, even for small and medium-sized organizations, are a major emphasis of the Finlandia University International School of Business degree programs.
- Study abroad opportunities: ISB students will have the opportunity for semester long or short term study abroad opportunities in Finland – one of the World’s most innovative and progressive business countries! See below for more information.
- International internships: qualified students will have the possibility to do internships with Finnish and other international companies.
- Students majoring in International Business can join NASBITE (North American Small Business International Trade Educators) and be on the pathway towards certification as a global business professional (CGBP).
Business students also have the opportunity to join Business Professionals of America (BPA), participate in local business activities and events, and even represent Finlandia University in a state-wide project management competition.
Business Degree Scholarships
More than 98 percent of Finlandia University students qualify and utilize financial aid resources each year, including incredible merit-based scholarship opportunities that actually make school more affordable for students who earn good grades.
Study Abroad Opportunities
Students considering traveling abroad to study International Business must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA and apply to the Dean of the International School of Business to make arrangements. Students are highly encouraged to study at least one year of the Finnish language (or language of destination country) prior to departure. Finlandia’s business school works with Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, JAMK University of Applied Sciences (Jyväskylä) and other institutes to provide additional international opportunities for students.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Business Administration degree program, International School of Business graduates will be able to do the following. These align with the Institutional Learning outcomes:
- Global Perspective: Develop and demonstrate personal, organizational, and global ethical behavior.
- Communication: Demonstrate interpersonal skills in order to effectively collaborate with various stakeholders in the business environment.
- Creative Insight: Identify, evaluate, and apply integrated business competencies to various applications.
- Personal Perspective: Students will be able to create a Personal SWOT analysis and perform an elevator pitch after completing personal analyses using recognized personality assessment instruments.
- Analytic and Critical Thinking: Analytic and Critical Thinking: Students will be able to evaluate core concepts and develop a cohesive argument to apply to the business situation they are confronted with.
- Students will demonstrate basic proficiency in core business subjects such as accounting, marketing, management, finance, business law, economics and business math
International School of Business News
News and Notes from Finlandia's business school
- April 28
FinnU Business Students Assist Area Firms with International Expansion
Many businesses in our region have the potential to expand into the global marketplace. However, many of these businesses lack the time and resources to fully concentrate on exploiting such opportunities. This spring, students in the International School of Business, Global Entrepreneurship class worked with two area businesses to develop plans that assist them in expanding their international operations.
The Lake Linden-based company, NECi Superior Enzymes, is a producer of nitrate detection reagents and test kits that anyone can use [...]
- March 27
Students Encouraged To Grow Entrepreneurial Skills with the SmartZone SmartStart Program
Students at Finlandia University with a business idea are highly encouraged to apply for the free MTEC SmartStart SmartZone program to develop essential entrepreneurial skills. The SmartZone’s approach is designed to educate and guide entrepreneurs through the process of validating and growing their idea. Upon completion of the program, students will have a more in-depth understanding of what it takes to create a manage a sustainable business.
“For Finlandia students or students in general, this program does a great job of [...]
- March 17
Finlandia University Coronavirus Response Update March 17, 2020
March 17, 2020 COVID-19 Update
Finlandia continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19 and respond to announcements and information from local, state and federal agencies. The most recent update from the Governor’s Office can be found at https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/.Personal Care and Notification
All higher risk faculty and staff are encouraged to seek potential arrangements to work remotely. This request can be made to your individual supervisor and the Office of Human Resources at (906) 487-7339 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Human Resources has created [...]