Creating business professionals for the global marketplace
The International School of Business at Finlandia University provides a liberal arts-based, practical-oriented undergraduate business education. Our unique learning environment will enable you to make the most of your university experience. If you possess excellent motivation, a strong work ethic, a high level of discipline, and a desire and passion to succeed, the International School of Business will provide a business degree that leads to the opportunity to pursue a rewarding professional career, and enable you to grow and realize your potential as an individual.
Students earn a BBA with a concentration in one of the following areas: Accounting, Healthcare Management, International Business, Management & Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Sports Management, and Marketing and Graphic Design.
Innovative Business Degree Programs
The International School of Business made the Business Research Guide’s list of the nation’s 50 most innovative small college business departments. It’s an honor the school earned because of its unique business degree programs including the following:
ISB students experience small class sizes, a university-wide support network, and faculty that are approachable and willing to help prepare them for a rewarding career and fulfilling life.
- The ISB curriculum teaches both the theoretical and practical aspects of business.
- Through our extensive network of regional and international businesses, students are able to regularly interact with entrepreneurs, business managers and other professionals.
- We work with our students to find quality internships that enable them to gain valuable experience and utilize their Finlandia education. Many internships have directly led to employment for our graduates.
An Entrepreneurial Emphasis
- Students will be especially prepared to work in small and medium sized companies and to bring a much sought-after entrepreneurial mindset to employers of all types and sizes.
- Students have the opportunity to learn first hand about entrepreneurship through regular interaction with entrepreneurs and business leaders
- The global implications of doing business, even for small and medium-sized organizations, are a major emphasis of the Finlandia University International School of Business degree programs.
- Study abroad opportunities: ISB students will have the opportunity for semester long or short term study abroad opportunities in Finland – one of the World’s most innovative and progressive business countries! See below for more information.
- International internships: qualified students will have the possibility to do internships with Finnish and other international companies.
- Students majoring in International Business can join NASBITE (North American Small Business International Trade Educators) and be on the pathway towards certification as a global business professional (CGBP).
Business students also have the opportunity to join Business Professionals of America (BPA), participate in local business activities and events, and even represent Finlandia University in a state-wide project management competition.
Business Degree Scholarships
More than 98 percent of Finlandia University students qualify and utilize financial aid resources each year, including incredible merit-based scholarship opportunities that actually make school more affordable for students who earn good grades.
Study Abroad Opportunities
Students considering traveling abroad to study International Business must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA and apply to the Dean of the International School of Business to make arrangements. Students are highly encouraged to study at least one year of the Finnish language (or language of destination country) prior to departure. Finlandia’s business school works with Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, JAMK University of Applied Sciences (Jyväskylä) and other institutes to provide additional international opportunities for students.
International School of Business News
News and Notes from Finlandia's business school
- August 20
Finnish ties grow stronger with Administrative Assistant Natalia Borgen
Finlandia University is pleased to welcome Natalia Borgen to the FinnU family. Borgen is serving as the Administrative Assistant for Suomi College of Arts & Sciences (SCAS) and International School of Business (ISB).
Originally from Helsinki, Finland, Borgen came to Finlandia as an exchange student in 2013. As a student from Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences she studied in an international degree program for multilingual administrative assistants. After getting [...]
- May 15
International Business alumnus Walker Enstad (’17) finds success at Freud America
Walker Enstad (’17), an alumnus of the International Business program in the International School of Business, shares some insight into life after college and what he enjoyed most about attending Finlandia. While at FinnU, Enstad was a goalie for the Men’s Hockey team, interned in the Marketing & Communications department, and graduated on the Dean’s List with a 3.94 GPA. He currently works as a District Sales Manager for May 1
Leading the Pride talks hockey, career success with Alumnus Lukas Alberer (’08)
Leading the Pride continues this month by talking with Austrian Lukas Alberer (’08). Alberer, a Sports Management major and former hockey player for the Lions, currently works at Johnson & Johnson-Ethicon in Austria as a Business Development Manager.
Listen as host Olivia Myers and Alberer talk about his decision to move to the United States to play hockey, the struggle of losing one’s identity as an athlete after college [...]