Creating business professionals for the global marketplace
The International School of Business at Finlandia University provides a liberal arts-based, practical-oriented undergraduate business education. Our unique learning environment will enable you to make the most of your university experience. If you possess excellent motivation, a strong work ethic, a high level of discipline, and a desire and passion to succeed, the International School of Business will provide a business degree that leads to the opportunity to pursue a rewarding professional career, and enable you to grow and realize your potential as an individual.
Students earn a BBA with a concentration in one of the following areas: Accounting, Arts Management, Healthcare Management, International Business, Management & Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Sports Management, and Marketing and Graphic Design.
Innovative Business Degree Programs
The International School of Business made the Business Research Guide’s list of the nation’s 50 most innovative small college business departments. It’s an honor the school earned because of its unique business degree programs including the following:
ISB students experience small class sizes, a university-wide support network, and faculty that are approachable and willing to help prepare them for a rewarding career and fulfilling life.
- The ISB curriculum teaches both the theoretical and practical aspects of business.
- Through our extensive network of regional and international businesses, students are able to regularly interact with entrepreneurs, business managers and other professionals.
- We work with our students to find quality internships that enable them to gain valuable experience and utilize their Finlandia education. Many internships have directly led to employment for our graduates.
An Entrepreneurial Emphasis
- Students will be especially prepared to work in small and medium sized companies and to bring a much sought-after entrepreneurial mindset to employers of all types and sizes.
- Students have the opportunity to learn first hand about entrepreneurship through the FUEL Studio, a student-run business on campus.
- The global implications of doing business, even for small and medium-sized organizations, are a major emphasis of the Finlandia University International School of Business degree programs.
- Study abroad opportunities: ISB students will have the opportunity for semester long or short term study abroad opportunities in Finland – one of the World’s most innovative and progressive business countries! See below for more information.
- International internships: qualified students will have the possibility to do internships with Finnish and other international companies.
Business Degree Scholarships
More than 98 percent of Finlandia University students qualify and utilize financial aid resources each year, including incredible merit-based scholarship opportunities that actually make school more affordable for students who earn good grades.
Study Abroad Opportunities
Students considering traveling abroad to study International Business must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA and apply to the Dean of the International School of Business to make arrangements. Students are highly encouraged to study at least one year of the Finnish language (or language of destination country) prior to departure. Finlandia’s business school works exclusively with Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, JAMK University of Applied Sciences (Jyväskylä) and JAMK Summer School – Creativity and Communication in Business to provide opportunities for students.
International School of Business News
News and Notes from Finlandia's business school
- April 10
International School of Business has a New Educational Partner
Finlandia University’s International School of Business is now a Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) Educational Partner School. CGBP is overseen by the National Association of Small Business International Trade Educators (NASBITE), a leading authority and industry standard for global business, education, trade credentialing, training and practice.
NASBITE wanted to develop a professional credential that would raise the level of practice in the field, provide professional development goals and showcase competency. The CGBP Student Pathway Program did just that and [...]
- April 10
Laura Bianucci (‘13) to be Next “A Taste of Success” Presentation
Alumna Laura Bianucci is set to present on the topic of networking at the next A Taste of Success on Tuesday, April 16 in Mannerheim Central from 12 to 1 p.m.
Bianucci is a 2013 graduate of FinnU’s marketing program. She has held a few positions since graduation, but currently works as a recruiter for the Advanced Welding Institute in Eagle River, Wis. Bianucci is also a member of the Finlandia Alumni Board.
The event [...]
- March 29
Haley Makela Named 2019 Student Representative for Finlandia University
Finlandia University’s 2019 graduating class will hear from marketing major Haley Makela during this year’s commencement ceremony as the local student was selected as Student Representative. Makela has succeeded in and out of the classroom, all while being a dual-sport athlete in basketball and soccer.
“As a freshman I was always working to be the Student Representative,” she recalled, thinking back to her first days on campus. “It was a goal for myself [...]