Creating Business Professionals for the Global Marketplace.
The International School of Business at Finlandia University provides a liberal arts-based, practical-oriented undergraduate business education. Our unique learning environment will enable you to make the most of your university experience. If you possess excellent motivation, a strong work ethic, a high level of discipline, and a desire and passion to succeed, the International School of Business will provide a business degree that leads to the opportunity to pursue a rewarding professional career, and enable you to grow and realize your potential as an individual.
Innovative Business Degree Programs
The International School of Business made the Business Research Guide’s list of the nation’s 50 most innovative small college business departments. It’s an honor the school earned because of its unique business degree programs. ISB students experience small class sizes, a university-wide support network, and faculty that are approachable and willing to help prepare them for a rewarding career and fulfilling life. Additional advantages of the Finlandia BBA include:
- The ISB curriculum teaches both the theoretical and practical aspects of business.
- Through our extensive network of regional and international businesses, students are able to regularly interact with entrepreneurs, business managers and other professionals.
- We work with our students to find quality internships that enable them to gain valuable experience and utilize their Finlandia education. Many internships have led directly to employment for our graduates.
An Entrepreneurial Emphasis
- Students will be especially prepared to work in small and medium sized companies and to bring a much sought-after entrepreneurial mindset to employers of all types and sizes. Students have the opportunity to learn first hand about entrepreneurship through regular interaction with entrepreneurs and business leaders
- The global implications of doing business, even for small and medium-sized organizations, are a major emphasis of the Finlandia University International School of Business degree programs.
- Study abroad opportunities: ISB students will have the opportunity for semester long or short term study abroad opportunities in Finland – one of the World’s most innovative and progressive business countries! See below for more information.
- International internships: qualified students will have the possibility to do internships with Finnish and other international companies.
- Students majoring in International Business can join NASBITE (North American Small Business International Trade Educators) and be on the pathway towards certification as a global business professional (CGBP).
Business students also have the opportunity to join Business Professionals of America (BPA), participate in local business activities and events, and even represent Finlandia University in a state-wide project management competition.
Business Degree Scholarships
More than 98 percent of Finlandia University students qualify and utilize financial aid resources each year, including incredible merit-based scholarship opportunities that actually make school more affordable for students who earn good grades.
Study Abroad Opportunities
Students considering traveling abroad to study International Business must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA and apply to the Dean of the International School of Business to make arrangements. Students are highly encouraged to study at least one year of the Finnish language (or language of destination country) prior to departure. Finlandia’s business school works with Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, JAMK University of Applied Sciences (Jyväskylä) and other institutes to provide additional international opportunities for students.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Business Administration degree program, International School of Business graduates will be able to do the following. These align with the Institutional Learning outcomes:
- Global Perspective: Develop and demonstrate personal, organizational, and global ethical behavior.
- Communication: Demonstrate interpersonal skills in order to effectively collaborate with various stakeholders in the business environment.
- Creative Insight: Identify, evaluate, and apply integrated business competencies to various applications.
- Personal Perspective: Students will be able to create a Personal SWOT analysis and perform an elevator pitch after completing personal analyses using recognized personality assessment instruments.
- Analytic and Critical Thinking: Analytic and Critical Thinking: Students will be able to evaluate core concepts and develop a cohesive argument to apply to the business situation they are confronted with.
- Students will demonstrate basic proficiency in core business subjects such as accounting, marketing, management, finance, business law, economics and business math
Interested in what it’s like as a business student at Finlandia?
Listen below to ISB Dean and Associate Professor of Marketing and Management Kevin Manninen as he discusses what advantages there are through small class sizes and experiential learning at the institution such as internship opportunities, international collaboration and hands-on project management experience. Manninen talks about what majors and minors are offered through the International School of Business and how interested students can learn more.
International School of Business News
News and Notes from Finlandia's business school
- May 11
Relive Graduation Day 2023 at Finlandia University | Photo Gallery & Livestreams
Finlandia University held its final Spring Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, May 7, honoring 92 graduates in the Class of 2023. Following commencement, a commendation service was held for Finlandia University students, staff, faculty, alumni, neighbors and friends, commending the University and its 126 years of service.Full High-Res Photos from Spring 2023 Commencement:
Founded in 1896 as Suomi College, Finlandia University held its final spring commencement ceremony on Sunday, May 7, honoring 92 graduates in the Class of 2023. In March, the University announced the decision to dissolve the institution and not enroll students for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Delivering the welcome address was Board Trustee Stephen Nikander, whose great-grandfather founded the institution and whose grandfather served [...]
- May 3
Where to livestream Spring 2023 Commencement
On Sunday, May 7, Finlandia University held its Spring 2023 Commencement Ceremony at 1:30 p.m. in Hirvonen Hall Auditorium. Whether rewatching from home, or on the go, here’s everything you need to know.Web: Livestream at finlandia.edu
In case you missed it, an on-demand version is available below!
?Connected TV & Tablet: Livestream on YouTube
For those watching from home, find the comfort of viewing commencement directly from your connected TV or tablet by visiting Finlandia University’s YouTube Channel. Simply go to your [...]