Creating business professionals for the global marketplace
The International School of Business at Finlandia University provides a liberal arts-based, practical-oriented undergraduate business education. Our unique learning environment will enable you to make the most of your university experience. If you possess excellent motivation, a strong work ethic, a high level of discipline, and a desire and passion to succeed, the International School of Business will provide a business degree that leads to the opportunity to pursue a rewarding professional career, and enable you to grow and realize your potential as an individual.
Students earn a BBA with a concentration in one of the following areas: Accounting, Healthcare Management, International Business, Management & Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Sports Management, and Marketing and Graphic Design.
Innovative Business Degree Programs
The International School of Business made the Business Research Guide’s list of the nation’s 50 most innovative small college business departments. It’s an honor the school earned because of its unique business degree programs including the following:
ISB students experience small class sizes, a university-wide support network, and faculty that are approachable and willing to help prepare them for a rewarding career and fulfilling life.
- The ISB curriculum teaches both the theoretical and practical aspects of business.
- Through our extensive network of regional and international businesses, students are able to regularly interact with entrepreneurs, business managers and other professionals.
- We work with our students to find quality internships that enable them to gain valuable experience and utilize their Finlandia education. Many internships have directly led to employment for our graduates.
An Entrepreneurial Emphasis
- Students will be especially prepared to work in small and medium sized companies and to bring a much sought-after entrepreneurial mindset to employers of all types and sizes.
- Students have the opportunity to learn first hand about entrepreneurship through regular interaction with entrepreneurs and business leaders
- The global implications of doing business, even for small and medium-sized organizations, are a major emphasis of the Finlandia University International School of Business degree programs.
- Study abroad opportunities: ISB students will have the opportunity for semester long or short term study abroad opportunities in Finland – one of the World’s most innovative and progressive business countries! See below for more information.
- International internships: qualified students will have the possibility to do internships with Finnish and other international companies.
- Students majoring in International Business can join NASBITE (North American Small Business International Trade Educators) and be on the pathway towards certification as a global business professional (CGBP).
Business students also have the opportunity to join Business Professionals of America (BPA), participate in local business activities and events, and even represent Finlandia University in a state-wide project management competition.
Business Degree Scholarships
More than 98 percent of Finlandia University students qualify and utilize financial aid resources each year, including incredible merit-based scholarship opportunities that actually make school more affordable for students who earn good grades.
Study Abroad Opportunities
Students considering traveling abroad to study International Business must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA and apply to the Dean of the International School of Business to make arrangements. Students are highly encouraged to study at least one year of the Finnish language (or language of destination country) prior to departure. Finlandia’s business school works with Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, JAMK University of Applied Sciences (Jyväskylä) and other institutes to provide additional international opportunities for students.
International School of Business News
News and Notes from Finlandia's business school
- October 7
Building Effective Personal Relationships Key to Success in BusinessFormer NAFTA Regional Lead at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles speaks with Finlandia students
With a successful career at Fiat Chrysler now behind him, alumnus Stephen Szuber (’77) understands that much of his success depended on his ability to work with people and develop successful professional relationships. That was one of the topics he discussed when he recently spoke to students as part of the Taste of Success alumni lecture series hosted by University External Relations.
Szuber spent over [...]
- October 4
Lindsey Johnson’s Finnish Adventures
This week on Finlandia Fridays, management and entrepreneurship Senior, Lindsey Johnson joins hosts Olivia Myers and Devin O’Neill to discuss her summer marketing internship here in Hancock and her study abroad experience in Finland.
Johnson, no stranger to Finlandia Fridays, was a guest last spring previewing her upcoming plans for the summer. Now that she’s back she was excited to share her experience.
Over the summer, Johnson had the opportunity to intern with Marko Luoma, who opened [...]
- September 24
Former Fiat Chrysler NAFTA Regional Lead, Stephen Szuber (’77) to Present at Oct. Taste of Success
Alumnus Stephen Szuber (’77) is set to present on the topic international business at the next A Taste of Success on Thursday, Oct. 3 in Mannerheim Central from 12 to 1 p.m.
Szuber served as the NAFTA Regional Lead for Fiat Chrysler for several years until his recent retirement. He currently resides in Shelby Township, MI and serves as Vice President of the Finlandia Alumni Board and is an active member of the Suomi Roomies alumni group. In his retirement, [...]