Finlandia University takes pride in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which to live and learn.
Campus Safety and Security is available by calling (906) 487-7307.
The Campus Safety and Security Department (CSSD) is dedicated to maintaining the safety and security of the Finlandia community and physical environment. The CSSD works closely with other departments on campus, as well as local law enforcement and emergency response agencies. The CSSD is responsible for:
- Compliance with the federal Clery Act and U.S. Department of Education campus crime reporting requirements
- Enforcement of campus parking policies and procedures
- Enforcement of student code and other campus related policies and procedures
- Issuance of student and employee IDs
- Supervision of building lock-ups
- 24 hour safety and security presence on campus
The Department of Campus Safety and Security is pleased to offer identification cards to all students, faculty and staff. We will expand the usage of our IDs in the near future, including, but not limited to, Maki Library, the cafeteria, North Wind Books, and lab and exterior door card access systems.
If you ever have any questions or need assistance, feel free to stop by, call, or e-mail us. We enjoy seeing our students on campus, and look forward to meeting all the new students.
Report An Incident
To officially file a complaint, please click “Report an Incident” immediately below this text. The form will be reviewed by campus security and the dean of students & enrollment. Remember, if this is an emergency that requires immediate attention call 911 and/or campus security at (906) 487-7307.