Finlandia University takes pride in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which to live and learn.
Campus Safety is available by calling (906) 487-7307.
The Campus Safety Department (CSD) is dedicated to maintaining the safety and security of the Finlandia community and physical environment. The CSD works closely with other departments on campus, as well as local law enforcement and emergency response agencies. The CSD is responsible for:
- Compliance with the federal Clery Act and U.S. Department of Education campus crime reporting requirements
- Enforcement of campus parking policies and procedures
- Enforcement of student code and other campus-related policies and procedures
- Issuance of student and employee IDs
- Supervision of building lock-ups
- 24-hour safety and security presence on campus
The Campus Safety Department is pleased to offer identification cards to all students, faculty, and staff. We will expand the usage of our IDs in the near future, including, but not limited to, Maki Library, the cafeteria, North Wind Books, and lab and exterior door card access systems.
If you ever have any questions or need assistance, feel free to stop by, call, or e-mail us. We enjoy seeing our students on campus and look forward to meeting all the new students.
Student ID and Parking Pass
All students are required to have a Finlandia University Student ID and Parking Pass. If you already have an ID or Parking Pass on your vehicle, a new one is not required.
The cost of the initial student ID and parking pass for each school year is included in the tuition and fees. A permit must be obtained within fourteen (14) days of the start of classes. Additional permits (including replacements for lost or stolen permits) can be purchase.
A photo will also be required for the student ID. Please ensure the uploaded picture follows these guidelines or it will not be accepted:
- Submit a color photo, taken in the last 6 months.
- Use a clear image of your face. Do not use filters commonly used on social media.
- Take off your eyeglasses for your photo.
- Use a plain white or off-white background.
This will need to be accomplished before check-in, and the sooner the better to ensure they are completed before your arrival.
When picking up your ID and Parking Pass, be sure to bring these documents with you:
- State or government-issued identification such as DMV ID card or Driver’s License
- Student ID Number, provided after completing your College application
Student IDs are available to pick up from:
- Mannerheim Hall, Campus Safety Office
EMERGENCY/WEATHER TEXT MESSAGE SERVICE
Finlandia University is pleased to offer this free text message service to all campus community
members. This service will be used to quickly notify the campus community in the event of a
campus emergency or a weather-related closure. To sign up for this service, please use the button below.
Report An Incident
To officially file a complaint, please click “Report an Incident” immediately below this text. The form will be reviewed by Campus Safety and the dean of students & enrollment. Remember, if this is an emergency that requires immediate attention call 911 and/or campus security at (906) 487-7307.