Finlandia University’s International School of Art & Design (ISAD) balances experiences in critical thinking and creative insight with a strong foundation in liberal studies. We emphasize the convergence of technical skill and conceptual innovation.
The program prepares graduates for emerging opportunities in both professional practice and graduate studies, by providing foundations in entrepreneurship, sustainability, and business practices in art and design.
- Communicate of the Elements & Principles of Design within selected medium.
- Integrate knowledge of basic business practices as they relate to entrepreneurial ventures, exhibition opportunities, and professional presentation & portfolio development.
- Resource the relevance of history, theory, and criticism, using perspectives and scholarship drawn from the students’ major field and at least one other field.
- Measure decisions involving social, environmental, and ethical issues concerning the production and consumption of Art & Design.
- Assess the possibilities and limitations of materials and processes, including the potential and current uses of existing and developing materials,
technologies, and production methods.
- Support an attitude of curiosity, determination, and reflection that will persist beyond graduation.