Finlandia University’s International School of Art and Design (ISAD) balances experiences in critical thinking and creative insight with a strong foundation in liberal studies. We emphasize the convergence of technical skill and conceptual innovation.
The program prepares graduates for emerging opportunities in both professional practice and graduate studies, by providing foundations in entrepreneurship, sustainability, and business practices in art and design.
Finlandia University is now accepting applications for the Dave and Elsa Brule Scholarship. This competitive scholarship is for students interested in studying art and design in the university’s International School of Art & Design. The scholarship recipients will be selected based on a portfolio competition. Applicants will need to be present for the Portfolio Review Day on Finlandia’s campus on Saturday, May 7, 2017. That event is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
LEARNING OUTCOMES – ISAD
- Communication: Communicate of the Elements & Principles of Design within selected medium.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking/Creative Insight: Integrate knowledge of basic business practices as they relate to entrepreneurial ventures, exhibition opportunities, and professional presentation & portfolio development.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking/Global Perspective: Resource the relevance of history, theory, and criticism, using perspectives and scholarship drawn from the students’ major field and at least one other field.
- Personal Perspective/Global Perspective: Measure decisions involving social, environmental, and ethical issues concerning the production and consumption of Art & Design.
- Creative Insight: Assess the possibilities and limitations of materials and processes, including the potential and current uses of existing and developing materials, technologies, and production methods.
- Personal Perspective: Support an attitude of curiosity, determination, and reflection that will persist beyond graduation.