Menu released for Diversity Dinner WeekFebruary 2, 2023
All are welcome February 6-10 at Finlandia Hall Café for Diversity Dinner Week 2023!
All week, Finlandia’s student body has been submitting dishes to be considered for one of FinnU’s most loved events, Diversity Dinner. After tallying the results, Dining Services is thrilled to announce this year’s menu.
2023 Diversity Dinner cuisine options will include:
- Monday, Feb 6 – Puerto Rico – Pollo Guisado (Chicken Stew), Pernil (Roasted Pork), Red Beans & Rice, Chef’s Choice. The dessert will be Tres Leches Cake.
- Tuesday, Feb. 7 – Germany – Jaeger Schnitzel (Pork Cutlet), Kielbasa & Kraut, Spaetzle, German Potato Salad. The dessert will be German Chocolate Cake.
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 – Ireland – Shepards Pie, Corned Beef & Cabbage Boiled Dinner, The dessert will be Irish Cream Brownies.
- Thursday, Feb. 9 – Mexico – Chicken Enchiladas, Beef Barbacoa Tacos, Elotes (Mexican Street Corn). The dessert will be Churros.
- Friday, Feb. 10 – Canada – Poutine, Hawaiian Pizza (Actually invented in Quebec!) The dessert will be Nanaimo Bars.
“Along with the entrees, we will offer our traditional salad and deli bars and Chef’s Choice vegetable of the day. The menus are subject to slight changes as we prepare for Diversity Dinner,” Dining Services said.
Diversity Dinner will kick off on Monday, February 6. Signature dishes will be served from 4:30 to 7 p.m. in the Finlandia Hall Café. Dinners will be free to Finlandia University students with a meal plan, and $10 for everyone else.
To learn more about Diversity Dinner, and to hear what went into the planning of this year’s events, you can listen to last week’s Finlandia Fridays podcast here!
RSVP to this event on Facebook!Tags: Dining Services, Diversity Dinner, Finlandia Fridays, finlandia hall cafe, Finlandia Podcast Network, JEDI Committee, Jordan Shawhan, Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Mariana Nakashima, Tim Nakkula