$15,000 Price Guarantee – no matter how many credits are needed
Finlandia University has long been known for the strong reputation of its nursing program, and the program is now offering a new affordable RN-BSN pricing structure. Students beginning during the 2016-17 academic year are receiving a $15,000 Price Guarantee to advance their associates degree to a bachelor’s degree. This includes those who started in September, as well as those who start in January and May.
“Our nursing program has long been known for its high quality and attention to detail,” said Mark Miron, RN-BSN program director. “What people might not realize is that we’re competitive price wise with nearly all national and regional industry leaders, including offering a lower price than many.”
The $15,000 price tag includes all of a student’s credits and student fees, whether that is as low as 30 or as many as 54. For comparison, the closest school to us that offers the program, St. Scholastica, charges $415 a credit hour ($19,090 for the expected 46 credits, not including any fees). An option many northern Michigan nurses have been taking is online options such as Capella University, which comes in at an average of nearly $23,000 and the University of Phoenix where upper-level courses are more than $500 per credit hour ($23,460 for 46 credits, not including any fees). See more RN-BSN price comparisons.
“There are absolutely zero hidden fees in this price,” Miron said.
$15,000 Price Guarantee
The $15,000 Price Guarantee kicks in as soon as a student’s total bill hits $15,000.
- When a student’s total bill, including tuition and fees, for the RN-BSN program reaches $15,000, they will receive no additional bills.
- Courses are billed at $500/credit hour.
- Students will be billed all normal fees each semester.
- Students will have five years (or 15 semesters – counting summer courses as one semester) to complete the program.
- All normal admissions rules and regulations for Finlandia University and its nursing program persist with the RN-BSN program and its $15,000 Price Guarantee.
- Students lose their $15,000 Price Guarantee by holding a GPA of less than 2.5.
- Students will only be able to take the courses laid out as needed for the degree as part of the $15,000 Price Guarantee.
- Any interest in earning a minor or taking other courses will not be included in the $15,000 Price Guarantee.
- Students will not be eligible for any institutional scholarships.
- Students will be eligible for financial aid as usual to allow for loans and external scholarships.
The pricing is relevant only to the university’s online RN-BSN program, and is limited only to courses needed for these students.
Affordable RN-BSN Financial Aid Options
Finlandia University will work with your employer to help you take advantage of any continuing education funds that are available, including the recently announced $12,500 stipend made available to all nurses who work at Aspirus clinics throughout the Upper Peninsula and Wisconsin that are interested in advancing their career.
Finlandia’s Financial Aid Office will also support students in finding external scholarships, grants and obtaining loans if needed. In order for FinnU’s financial aid staff to assist students, they will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Learn more about The $15,000 Price Guarantee for our RN-BSN program at finlandia.edu/rn-bsn.