Students, Employees: Sign Up Now for Back-to-School COVID-19 TestJanuary 11, 2021
As was done in August, Finlandia University is again partnering with Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center to conduct free baseline COVID-19 testing for our campus community prior to beginning face-to-face classes. Whether you left the Hancock-Houghton area over winter break or remained local, all students and employees who will be physically on campus are expected to participate in our return-to-campus COVID-19 baseline testing. Employees and students can schedule their test here.
- Prior to testing, yet after returning to the community or campus, you are expected to limit interactions with others. Masking and social distancing are to be observed as per university policy.
- As you await test results, you are to quarantine to avoid any potential asymptomatic spread among our community. Test results take 48-72 hours on average.
- Students living in Finlandia Hall will have access to the cafeteria for to-go meal pickup during quarantine. Masking and distancing is expected during this activity and the COVID-19 Student Conduct Addendum policies will be enforced.
Returning student athletes have begun their baseline testing (Jan 8 and Jan 11). The general student population, faculty, and staff will test according to the following schedule:
|Thursday||1/14||1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||1/15||9:00 a.m. to Noon|
|Tuesday||1/19||1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||1/20||9:00 a.m. to Noon|
Exemptions to testing are few, and include:
- Fully online students and faculty who are not physically visiting campus do not need to test.
- If you tested positive for the virus within 90 days prior to your return to campus (any time after October 20, 2020), you are not required to test.
- If you have tested positive, please request an exemption from testing by emailing documentation verifying your diagnosis to firstname.lastname@example.org
Testing will take place in the Finnish American Heritage Center, as it did in August. Enter the building in the back and follow the signs. When in the FAHC/Bookstore parking lot and facing the Northwind Books, the back entrance is to your left and around the bend. You will exit the building from the front
Scheduling a Test – Please schedule no later than 24 prior to the time of the test.
All testing participants are now able to schedule their own testing appointments. To schedule yours, please click follow this link https://healow.com/apps/provider/finuncovidtesting-uglhealth-2034078. If you have questions on how to schedule your test, please refer to this guide.
Results will be returned through Healow Portal
If you do not have a Healow account, please visit the Finlandia Covid Update webpage for instructions to create an account.
For more information about the test itself, interpreting results and other general information regarding COVID-19 please visit finlandia.edu/safeopen.Tags: campus safety and security, Covid Testing, covid-19, Fall 2020, Safe Open