Michigan Technological University and Finlandia University invite you to join us in celebrating the 32nd annual Parade of Nations, on September 18, 2021. Come celebrate the cultural diversity of the Keweenaw region!
The parade will start at 11:00 am. Due to the ongoing construction in town, the parade route will be different this year. It will start at Franklin Square in Houghton, go through downtown, and finish at Kestner Park.
How can you get involved?
- Walk in the parade (representing your club, organization, etc) or build a float. Click here to register your group or if you want to build a float.
- Represent any nation of your choice. Click here to request a flag for any nation you want to represent.
- You or your organization may be eligible to receive a grant of up to $100 to help you build a float. Click here to apply for a float grant.
- You can also choose to be a volunteer. Volunteers can help in a lot of ways starting from setting up flags and signs before the parade, to towing floats with their cars, walking as a Parade Marshall, to collecting flags and signs after the Parade. Click here to register to be a volunteer. You can choose which task(s) you want to do as a volunteer. Here’s a little incentive, volunteers will get Parade of Nations T-shirts!
- Participate in the Scavenger Hunt! This will be a fun, interactive event with a chance to win exciting prizes! You can go through the rules and regulations and then click here to register.
We look forward to your participation! Please check out the Parade of Nations webpage. You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 906-487-2160, or visit us at International Programs and Services, Room 200, Administration Building, Michigan Technological University. For direct inquiries to Finlandia University, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to see our latest news releases.Tags: City of Hancock, City of Houghton, Community Events, Finlandia University, Keweenaw, Michigan Technological University, Parade of Nations, PON, University Relations, Volunteer Opportunity