Students participating in Finlandia University’s second annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service are invited to sign up for their service site now.
“As of right now we have 19 service sites needing over 130 students available for students to volunteer at,” said René Johnson, a member of the Equity and Diversity Committee at FinnU. “This should make for a great day here at Finlandia University.”
Sites range from Calumet to Portage Township and includes activities aimed at helping people of all ages – from toddlers to senior citizens. Volunteer sites include Barbara Kettle Gundlach Shelter, Houghton Elementary School, Salvation Army, New Power Tour, Inc., Dial Help, 31 Backpacks, The Bluffs and more.
This sign-up form will be active through Friday, January 13. After that point volunteers will need to contact Leann Fogle.
- Update: 01/10/2016, 9 a.m. – Salvation Army site is full.
- Update: 01/10/2016, 4 p.m. – Barbara Kettle Gundlach Shelter is full.
- Update: 01/11/2016, 10 a.m. – The 2-4 shift at Mannerheim Hall is full.
- Update: 01/11/2016, 4 p.m. – Little Brothers site is full.
- Update: 01/12/2016, 2:30 p.m. – Dial Help and Brownie/Daisy sites are full.
- Update: 01/12/2016, 3:30 p.m. – Humane Society site is full.
- Update: 01/13/2016, 11:30 a.m. – One Houghton Elementary School and The Bluffs sites are full.