Starting on Monday, June 29, 2020, Finlandia University will resume on-campus visits to prospective students and their families on a limited basis. Virtual visits will continue to be an option, and may be encouraged depending on visitor status (health, location of residence, method of travel, etc.). Finlandia asks visitors that have been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19, have traveled internationally two weeks prior to their campus visit, or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms visit virtually to ensure the safety of all.
To keep campus safe during this time, all guests on tours are asked to follow CDC guidelines, including:
- PPE (face coverings) are to be worn by staff and visitors during the visit (the entirety of visit is encouraged, but considerations may be made during outdoor portions)
- Face coverings, sanitizer and gloves available upon arrival if necessary
- Social distancing remains strictly in place (6 feet minimum). No close contact or sharing of equipment will be necessary during the visit. Anything we provide to the student to take away will be prepared ahead of time.
- Full campus facilities can be shown – extra caution to be taken in any currently closed buildings. Finlandia University Security will support to ensure these precautions are taken.
- Daily health self-screening continues for employees – any staff or faculty involved in the in-person visit that answers yes to any screening questions prior to the visit will be asked to excuse themselves and either offering a replacement or joining via Zoom.
For all visits, guests are required to register online in advance at the following link:
Please note that the University continues to work with health agencies and Michigan’s Governor Gretchen Witmer’s guidelines to ensure we are actively doing our part to reduce and stop the spread of novel coronavirus.
Finlandia’s face-to-face on-campus visits are in accordance with all of the following:
- Upper Peninsula’s phase 5 status – Michigan Reopen Plan
- Finlandia University’s level 2 status – “Back to Work Safely”
- Finlandia University’s COVID-19 Open Safe Plan (fall 2020)
Tags: Admissions, Campus Tour, Campus Visit, coronavirus, covid-19, Virtual Tour