All local high school and college students interested in business invited to day of speakers, networking and activities
Finlandia University’s chapter of Business Professionals of America is hosting Business Professionals of America Day on Wednesday, February 14 with a full day of activities for Upper Peninsula high school and college students.
- RSVP to the event on Facebook (not required) to receive updates as the event nears.
“Our entire chapter is looking forward to this inaugural event, and I’m proud of them for putting this together,” Chapter Advisor Kevin Manninen said. “It will be a busy and engaging day of speakers, networking opportunities and activities aimed at developing students’ knowledge of business. We’re hoping to truly awaken an interest in choosing business as a career for students.”
The day is being hosted in conjunction with the national Business Professionals of America Week. Key speakers include Bob Jacquart of Stormy Kromer fame and Marilyn Clark from MTEC SmartZone. Additional remarks will be given by FinnU BPA Chapter President Logan Moore, Finlandia President Philip Johnson and students in the BPA Chapter of Calumet High School. All activities will take place at the Finnish American Heritage Center on the campus of Finlandia University. Lunch will be provided for all of those who register ahead of time.
The event is free for all high school and college students, but anyone attending is asked to RSVP by Monday, February 12, by e-mailing BPA Chapter President Logan Moore at email@example.com.
Schedule for 2018 BPA Day
- 9 – 10 a.m. – 1 Million Cups entrepreneurial presentations (optional)
- 10 – 10:30 a.m. – Arrival, registration and networking
- 10:30 – 10:45 a.m. – Welcome from Finlandia University President Philip Johnson and BPA Chapter President Logan Moore
- 10:45 – 11:30am – Morning keynote: “Entrepreneurship: it’s more than starting a business” featuring Marilyn Clark, Chief Executive Officer of MTEC SmartZone
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Lunch (provided)
- 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. – Company case: Jacquart Fabric Products, The home of Stormy Kromer by Bob Jacquart, Chief Executive Officer
- 1:15 – 1:45 p.m. – Student presentation by Calumet H.S. BPA Chapter*
- 1:45 p.m. – Concluding remarks
*Note that the original schedule had another event in the afternoon and ended at 3. The schedule change was announced in the afternoon on February 13.
About Business Professionals of America
Business Professionals of America is the premier CTSO (Career and Technical Student Organization) for students pursuing careers in business management, information technology, finance, office administration and other related career fields.
With 45,000 members in over 1,800 chapters across 25 states and Puerto Rico, BPA is a co-curricular organization that supports business and information technology educators by offering co-curricular exercises based on national standards.
Learn more at bpa.org.Tags: Bob Jacquart, Business Professionals of America, Calumet High School, Kevin Manninen, Logan Moore, Marilyn Clark, Philip Johnson