First and foremost, Finlandia’s top priorities throughout the decision-making process for the Safe Open Plan for Fall 2020 include:
- the health, safety and welfare of students, faculty, staff, and our neighbors in the Hancock community;
- limit and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 throughout our campus and Hancock community;
- providing an excellent Finlandia education to every student; and
- standing by our commitment to being a learning community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service.
The Safe Open Fall 2020 Plan was compiled based on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines and procedures as well as the American College Health Association (ACHA). Finlandia’s internal Covid-19 Task Force composed of faculty, staff, and administration put forth recommendations to help shape this plan. Appropriate adjustments have been made to our semester schedules and University protocols.
Fall Semester 2020 Calendar
As Finlandia prepares for a safe return to face-to-face instruction in the fall, adjustments have been made to the fall 2020 academic calendar. The revisions include the following:
- Following the Thanksgiving Break (November 23 – 27, Monday – Friday), the final two weeks of the fall semester (one week of instruction and one week of finals) will be completed remotely (online).
- The residence hall will close for the fall semester on Saturday, November 21 at noon. Plans to accommodate students who need to remain on campus will be in place.
We have developed a Safe Open Plan Fall 2020 with specific actions we are taking in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are committed to community health, wellness resources and practices, responsible distancing, and upholding community standards regarding bias-based discrimination and stigmatization.Employees, Human Resources, Open Safe Update, Safe Open