Students interested in studying art and design at Finlandia University are invited to apply for the Dave and Elsa Brule Scholarship.
$20,000 Competitive Art Scholarship
Thanks to the generous support of Dave and Elsa Brule, we’re offering a $20,000 scholarship for two incoming art and design students. The student will receive the scholarship over their four years at Finlandia. Submitting for a preliminary Portfolio Review will help you understand how you can best prepare yourself for this competition and studying Art & Design with us here at Finlandia. There is a mandatory, in person Portfolio Review Day on May 11, 2019.
Benefits of attending Portfolio Review Day
- Meet Art & Design faculty
- Get a feeling of the atmosphere offered at Finlandia’s International School of Art & Design
- Explore the incredible facilities in Finlandia’s Jutila Center
- Meet with admissions and financial aid staff
- Portfolio Review
- Applicants must be accepted to Finlandia University by April 26, 2019. Use our fast and free application.
- Portfolio Review Day is May 11, 2019. This is mandatory and you must be present in person.
- Winner will be announced by phone on May 17, 2019.
Estimated Day of Agenda
Below is an estimated timeline for what will take place during the Portfolio Review Day. Times may vary, and individual day schedules may change depending on the number of people attending and/or which faculty member will be available. An exact agenda will be sent to you prior to the day of the competition.
- 9 to 11 a.m. – Arrival at Finlandia University’s Jutila Center; 200 Michigan Street; Hancock MI 49930. Students drop off work in Room 323
- 11 to 12 p.m. – Campus tour/lunch with Collin Saint-Onge, Director of Admissions, and Financial Aid
- 12 to 1 p.m. – Students meet with faculty in Room 324
- 1 to 2 p.m. – Students tour International School of Art & Design with Gini Brewer, International School of Art & Design Coordinator.
- 2 to 4 p.m. – Individual portfolio review with ISAD faculty