Students participating in Finlandia University’s third annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service are invited to sign up for their service site now.
Dr. King was a vibrant and dynamic leader for nonviolent activism in the Civil Rights Movement. Finlandia University and the local community have combined efforts to renew discussions about equality and diversity awareness as well as provide service to our local community. In recognition and celebration of this holiday, all regular classes are cancelled so that students and faculty have the opportunity to get out and provide community service.
Sites range from Calumet to Houghton and include activities aimed at helping people of all ages – from toddlers to senior citizens. Volunteer sites include St. Vincent de Paul, Barkell Elementary School in Hancock, The Table Student Needs Pantry, Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly and more!
- ALL SITES FULL, please show up to Finlandia Hall at 9 a.m. on MLK Day if you’re still interested in volunteering (1/10/18)
- New Power Tour is now full (1/10/18)
- Little Huskies site is now full (1/9/18)
- Barkell Elementary site is now full (1/9/18)
- Gundlach Shelter site is now full (1/9/18)
- ReStore site is now full (1/9/18)
- Little Huskies site has been added (1/4/18)
- The Table site is now full (1/3/18)
- St. Vincent site is now full (12/21/17)
- Dial Help site is now full (12/20/17)
- Barkell Elementary site is now full (12/20/17)
- Girl Scouts / Brownie Scouts site is now full (12/19/17)
- The Bluffs site is now full (12/18/17)
- The Lighthouse site is now full (12/18/17)
- Houghton Elementary from 9-11 a.m. is now full (12/11/17)
- Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly is now full (12/8/17)
- Houghton Elementary from 12:30-2:30 p.m. is now full (12/8/17)
- Salvation Army is now full (12/8/17)