The Cooperative Center for Study Abroad Storyteller Scholarship encourages student participation in CCSA programs by offering a means for students to tell their own CCSA stories.
The awardee is expected to provide CCSA quality writing and/or imagery. The deliverable product must be appropriate for the CCSA web site, although the student may propose alternative formats such as a blog or a YouTube project.
Finlandia University is a proud member of the CCSA, which means FinnU students have an inside track at these scholarships. Below is additional information on the scholarship.
- One or more scholarships may be awarded for each CCSA program.
- Maximum of $1,000 per individual award.
- The awardee grants CCSA free use of the final project in whole or in part.
- Be enrolled in a CCSA program for academic credit
- Be a full-time student at a CCSA member college or university, and
- Complete the requirements outlined below by the published deadlines.
- An essay of 300 words in length that addresses the question: “What do I hope to gain from this CCSA experience?”
- A short statement (one paragraph) regarding the intended design of your project and how it will be delivered (made available) to CCSA
- A sample of work to show technical and creative ability to deliver the project to CCSA.
- Applications will be evaluated by how closely the student ties the content of his/her essay to the specific program for which he/she has applied.
- A top applicant and alternate will be selected for each program.
- The amount of award will be based on the quality of the proposed project.
- CCSA reserves the right to make no awards for any program.
- An award letter will be sent via email to the top applicant and CCSA Campus Rep with deadline to confirm acceptance. The letter will state requirements and expectations.
- Upon acceptance, the award will be made as a reduction in the final payment.
- If the top applicant withdraws or becomes ineligible, the alternate will be offered the award.
Applications are being accepted at ccsa.ca.
Tags: Cooperative Center for Study Abroad, Scholarship Opportunity, Study Abroad