This week’s Lion Around brings you your new host Anastazia Hartman. Hartman is joined by Blue Kenwood a Junior Art and Design student focused on Intermedia, who is also Resident Assistant here at FinnU, to talk about a group on campus called Lion Pride.
Kenwood is the president of Lion Pride, which started one year ago after Campus Read author Lindsay King Miller came to FinnU to speak about her book, “Ask a Queer Chick; a Guide to Sex, Love and Life for Girls Who Dig Girls”. After this event a group students came together to form Lion Pride, which supports the LGBTQ+ community on campus and in the surrounding area.
The main focus of the group is to get the message out that they are here and there is an advocacy/support group. “We want to be represented more, we want to be respected more, especially with pronoun usage,” said Kenwood. “Recognizing that as a thing that needs to be addressed.”
If you are interested in learning more about Lion Pride, stop by Finlandia Hall on October 16th, to speak with Kenwood. There are also LGBTQUIA* Student Resources on campus.
FINLANDIA PODCAST NETWORK
Thanks for checking out the Lion Around podcast, one of four podcasts in the Finlandia University Podcast Network. Lion Around is a student-run podcast with the hosts and guests being FinnU students as they record from around campus. You can check out an archive at finlandia.edu/lionaround. We also invite you to subscribe to the Finlandia Podcast Network wherever you get podcasts.
- Lion Around Podcast Archives
- Finlandia Fridays (weekly interview podcast)
- This Week in Finlandia Athletics (weekly podcast talking Finlandia Lions athletics)
- Leading the Pride (monthly interview podcast with FinnU alumni)
- Finlandia Podcast Network on Apple Podcasts
- Finlandia Podcast Network on Google Play
- Finlandia Podcast Network on SoundCloud
- Finlandia Podcast Network on TuneIn