This scholarship is awarded annually, and students may apply and renew the scholarship each year assuming they continue to meet the criteria. New applicants and those looking to renew are given equal consideration each year. The number and amount of scholarships awarded depend on the funds available.
In order to apply, students must fill out the printable application, which includes basic information and a short essay about the student’s experience in volunteering. A letter of recommendation is also required.
Samuel L. Westerman Scholarship for Nursing Criteria
- Currently enrolled as a Finlandia University student and planning to enroll full time during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Eligible to enter their junior or senior year (upper division nursing courses).
- Have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0-3.49 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate financial need as defined by government program is required.
- Student(s) must be permanently domiciled in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, primarily within the four western counties, and must be classified as residents in small towns and/or rural areas.
- Recipients must be active in the student volunteer service at Finlandia University, or within the community where they reside.
Find the application and complete details at finlandia.edu/scholarships.Samuel L. Westerman Scholarship, Samuel L. Westerman Scholarship for Nursing