Student reps wanted for Equity and Diversity CommitteeDecember 12, 2016
The Equity and Diversity Committee is looking for two student representatives. The committee is now accepting applications.
“This is an opportunity to make a difference and gain valuable experience by shaping the future of Finlandia University,” said Dr. Claudia Youakim, a member of the committee.
The Equity and Diversity Committee seeks to include two student representatives to serve on the board. The positions require that students work closely with committee members in organizing campus events, and generating ideas that promote diversity on campus. The student representatives will act as liaisons with the committee and student body.
Equity and Diversity Committee:
- Demonstrates its commitment to increase students’ appreciation and respect for the human and cultural diversity of the University and the world;
- Exposes students to human and cultural diversity and develop intercultural knowledge and competence;
- Recognizes or emphasizes human and cultural diversity within its curriculum
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others;
- Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, ?pleasant and professional manner;
- Knowledge of office policies, practices, and procedures;
- Knowledge of office computer applications; and
- Proficiency in word processing.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a brief cover letter, and resume to Dr. Youakim, email@example.com, Equity and Diversity Committee, before Friday, January 13, 2017.Tags: Claudia Youakim, Dr. Claudia Youakim, Equity and Diversity Committee