Following upgrades, employees will need to have computers reconnect to networkJuly 26, 2017
The following alert was sent to all employees by REMC1, Finlandia University’s vendor for all Information Technology services. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, questions or concerns.
As part of the summer maintenance, Finlandia University will be migrating to a new Active Directory domain and network file server. We will be making the move to these new servers starting August 2, 2017. This will give greater stability and security to all file server functions including: network logins, computer accounts, files saved on network shares and server connections. The new file server will also be restructured to help streamline the locating of files.
To help facilitate this migration/upgrade, some steps will need to be taken for each computer to rejoin the Finlandia domain and file server. Please follow these steps:
For a computer running any version of Windows
- If you have a laptop. please bring it to campus.
- You will need to turn on your computer, connect it to the network, and contact the REMC1 helpdesk with your computer’s tag number. We can then finish the process remotely.
- Please have 20 minutes of time to answer questions from Helpdesk. We need to make sure we re-connect you to all our network files.
For Apple computers running Mac OS
- Please contact the helpdesk so we can set up a time to meet up and work on your computer.
- Please have 20 minutes of time to answer questions from Helpdesk. We need to make sure we re-connect you to all our network files