CVC: Jobs & Internship Opportunities 4/21/21April 21, 2021
Click on the headings below to learn more about current job openings and other opportunities. For more information or to get help with an application, email CVC@finlandia.edu to request an appointment!
Superior National Bank & Trust has a number of openings for student employees at its main headquarters in Hancock as well as other locations in the area.
- Teller student assistants in the Econo Foods, Houghton (Ridgecrest), and Chassell branches.
- Loan Servicing (scanning/indexing documents and other projects, great exposure to the post-close loan document process) in Hancock
- Trust services, in Hancock
- Credit department
Other departments that employ assistants, where future opportunities may open up for students within the next couple of semesters:
- Branch Operations
- Retail Lending
- Commercial Lending
We are looking to hire immediately for some positions. These can be full time during the summer and may in some cases continue on a part-time basis during the school year.
For more information go to SNB Careers website to download their application form, and submit a completed application, resume, and cover letter to HR@snb-t.com
Big Brothers Big Sisters of U.P.Kids seeks to change the lives of children facing adversity for the better, forever. BBBS programs help children realize their full potential and build their futures by providing strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships. This unique brand of mentoring provides new perspectives for children by offering friendship, guidance and opportunities with caring volunteers.
Volunteer Qualifications and Responsibilities include: 1) A genuine interest in helping young people and interest in their hopes and challenges; 2) enthusiasm; 3) ability to be a positive role model, a good friend and help a child to build a positive self-image; 4) the ability to engage a child in positive, safe and fun activities that seek to build his or her strengths; 5) the ability to commit to a significant amount of time upfront (3 months minimum, full year preferred) and to spend time with a child on a consistent and dependable basis. Potential volunteers receive an orientation, go through an enrollment process along with training. BBBS will provide on-going support and training to the Volunteer and Families throughout the life of the mentoring relationship.
Learn more and apply here.
The Elder Services Coordinator is responsible for addressing the needs of our elderly Forever Friends and ensuring each is visited regularly by staff and volunteers. This position requires a strong communicator who is comfortable speaking to large groups as well as one-on-one, is compassionate, detail oriented, can prioritize multiple projects and deadlines, and has very good computer skills. This position also requires an individual who enjoys working with volunteers and elderly people and who understands the dynamics of aging or is willing to learn.
Apply on LinkedIn and please provide a resume and cover letter.
Queen City Burger Company is currently looking for experienced full and/or part time Line Cooks. We are located in the beautiful community of Hancock, Michigan. Come join our team!
- Prepare high quality food orders in a safe, sanitary, timely fashion and assist with other kitchen functions as needed
- Prepare all food items in accordance with recipes, portion controls, and plate layouts
- Maintain a clean, sanitary kitchen and support areas. They must meet all state of Michigan health standards and established policies regarding cleanliness and sanitation
- Meet the physical demands of working in a busy kitchen
- Be able to work independently, as well as part of a team, and under pressure
- Have effective and positive communication skills
- Be reliable and have transportation to work
- Ability to work weekends, and limited holidays as determined by management
Applicants can apply in person at the Queen City Burger location at 787 Market St, Hancock, MI 49930 – within walking distance of Finlandia’s campus!
See available openings here.
Assist the Head Men’s Basketball Coach in overseeing the direction of the Varsity Men’s Basketball program at the NCAA Division II level. This includes duties such as recruitment, practice/game preparation, practice/game implementation of coaching principles, fund raising, promotions, public and alumni relations and other areas assigned by the Head Men’s Basketball Coach. Must be able to make an immediate positive impact on the program. Additional duties include teaching activity classes in the KIP department.
Assist the Head Men’s Basketball Coach in the following areas:
- Plan, organize and administer the University’s Men’s Varsity Basketball program
- Coordinate the recruitment of men’s basketball student-athletes on a national basis
- Develop and implement men’s basketball practice sessions to determine needs for individual and team improvement
- Evaluate Michigan Tech and opposing team capabilities to determine game strategy and manage/prepare team for competition; determine strategy during games in consultation with Head Coach
- Coordinate travel arrangements (lodging, meals, etc.) for team travel
- Enhance and promote the internal and external visibility and recognition of the University and team to a variety of alumni, campus and off-campus groups
- Actively organize and participate in fundraising and alumni activities
- Provide necessary resources to monitor and promote the academic success of student-athletes
- Act as social media liaison for men’s Basketball Program
- Represent and act on behalf of the University as directed by the Head Coach and/or Athletic Director
- Teach activity classes in the Department of Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology
Bachelor’s degree required as well as a minimum of 3 years experience playing and/or coaching basketball at the collegiate level.
Learn more and apply here.
Credit Union Examiners plan, conduct, and complete examinations of federally insured and federally chartered credit unions. This includes analyzing credit union data to identify areas of concern, persistency of previous problems, and risk to the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). Some examinations are completed independently by an examiner while other examinations require working as part of a team.
Credit Union Examiners at the CU-7 and CU-9 level are considered developmental positions. Individuals in these positions work under the close supervision of a Supervisory Examiner and are in a robust training program that includes:
- classroom training covering accounting, communications, credit union operations, examination procedures, analysis techniques, and administrative subjects;
- hands-on experience working with an on-the-job (OJT) trainer within his/her assigned district of credit unions;
- reading assignments pertaining to the laws, regulations, policies and directives which govern the operation of federal and federally insured credit unions;
- online training modules; and
- progressively responsible work assignments.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a degree in accounting, business, or finance; is skilled in using information systems and technology; is skilled in preparing written communications; and has good interpersonal skills. Proficiency in additional languages is also desired.
Learn more and apply here.
For the full list, please visit https://www.finlandia.edu/center-for-vocation-career/
schedule an appointment
Come and see us in Nikander 15 or fill out the form below to request an appointment. Drop-ins welcome 9:30am-4:00pm M-F.Center for Vocation & Career, CVC, Seaton Center for Vocation & Career