Beginning in May, you will receive a notification through your student e-mail account notifying you that your award is available for review. From there, you will go online to EMPOWER to review/accept your aid and complete the missing documents.
Your financial aid award information packets will be emailed to you through the email we have on file. This will happen after you are accepted to Finlandia and we have the needed information to process a financial aid award.
Financial aid awards online Instructions are available below. Remember, you’ll first need to login to EMPOWER with your network username and password. You can access EMPOWER from anywhere on the Finlandia University website by clicking the person icon on the top right portion of the site.
ACCEPTING YOUR AWARD LETTER
- From the “Welcome” screen, hover over the “Financials” tab.
- On the left side, under “Financial Aid Information,” you will click on “Financial Aid Award Letter”.
- Open the drop-down box for the Award Year and select the correct year.
- You should now be viewing your Financial Aid Award Letter for the selected year.
- At the bottom of the screen, in the left hand corner, you will want to click on the “Accept/Decline Financial Aid” link.
- Check the “Accept” box for any and all aid you want to accept. check the “Decline” box for any aid you wish to decline.
- When you are finished, hit the “Done” button. From here, you will be shown the aid you accepted, along with the aid you either declined or did not accept.
COMPLETING YOUR MISSING DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Hover over the “Financial Aid” tab and select the “FA Missing Documents” under the “Financial Aid Information” row.
- On the next screen select an Award Year from the drop-down menu.
- You will now be given a list of items that are needed to complete your financial aid file.
- Click on the links listed under “Required Documents” to open the document.
You will not have to print out a Signed Award Letter. By accepting your financial aid online, you are fulfilling this requirement.
Any verification related documents (Verification Worksheet, Child Support Paid Form, Statement of Ed. Purpose, etc.) are required to be printed, signed in ink, and returned to our office.
SUBMITTING MISSING DOCUMENTS
Once you have completed the required documents, you will need to return these forms to our office.
Our office will be sent a confirmation for forms completed online (Example: Master Promissory Note and Loan Counseling).
Forms requiring a signature need to be printed, signed with blue or black ink, and submitted by email (email@example.com),mail, or in-person (Mannerheim 204):
Finlandia University, Office of Financial Aid
601 Quincy Street Hancock, MI 49930
Fax: (906) 487-7383, Attn: Fin. Aid
Phone: (906) 487-7240 or (906) 487-7261