Title: Visiting Instructor for Graphic Design
Department: International School of Art & Design (ISAD)
Supervisor: Dean, ISAD
Category: Faculty / Non-Tenure-Track
Status/Type: Full-time (9 months) / Professional – Exempt
The Visiting Instructor for Graphic Design is primarily responsible for teaching foundation
and upper level courses related to graphic design. Course load will include visual
communications, publications, and graphics applications. This is a nine-month equivalent,
fixed-term appointment for academic year 2021-22 beginning August 2021.
1. Master of Fine Arts or Master degree in related field, focused on graphic
design and/or equivalent professional experience in graphic design or
2. Demonstrated high-level graphic design skills
3. Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite
4. Understanding of the business aspects of professional graphic design
5. Excellent visual communication and presentation skills
6. Additional skills in color theory, packaging, advertising, and publications
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally
diverse campus community
8. Adaptable, hard-working, and energetic
1. Higher education teaching experience at the baccalaureate-degree level
1. Teach foundational and upper-level courses in visual communication, publications,
2. Develop and promote the University’s Graphic Design program
3. Adhere to University policies and procedures
4. Work collegially and professionally with students, employees, and external
5. Support Graphic Design identity by “providing foundations in entrepreneurship,
sustainability, and business practices related to art and design”
6. Support institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University as “a learning
community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service”
7. Perform other duties as required, as assigned by supervisor, or in accordance with
the faculty handbook
E-mail a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position along with a resume to:
For additional information regarding this position, please contact Denise Vandeville,
Dean, ISAD, at (906) 487-7379 or email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns:
VP Academic Affairs/Title IX Coordinator
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER