Title: Special Projects Manager
Department: Business Office
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Category: Full-time / Staff / Exempt
Position Summary: The Special Projects Manager is responsible improving existing peripheral revenue streams as well as organizing the implementation of new streams of revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or previous experience working with project management
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to foster collaborations with diverse groups including faculty, athletics, management, and others
- Must possess ability to organize and prioritize workload, and be pro-active in identifying project needs/requirements
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention for detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while being goal-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills
- Competency in adapting to changing environments and ambiguous situations
- Ability to act independently with little direction
- Proficient in computer applications, including MS Office and Excel
- Possess integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Previous experience in managing projects related to business growth
- Oversee all aspects of projects
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project
- Direct the forecast and adjustment of resources to ensure projects and programs are delivered as promised
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of projects
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Perform other duties as required.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7339, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to:Gary Black
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930