Title: Security Officer
Department: Campus Safety & Security
Supervisor: Director of Campus Safety & Security
Category: Part-time / Staff / Non-Exempt (12-month)
Position Summary: The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring that the Finlandia University Campus is a safe and secure environment. The Officer will be responsible for a variety of functions, including but not limited to, patrolling and securing campus facilities, issuing ID’s and parking permits, enforcing parking policies, reporting incidents and maintaining access to facilities and grounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to uphold confidentiality as required
- Ability to pass a criminal background screening
- Possess a valid driver’s license along with a good driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on an on-call basis
- Associate degree with a major or minor in criminal justice, criminology, sociology or similar field
- One year of successful employment in a private security position
- Completes lock-up of facilities along with several rounds throughout campus
- Enforces campus parking policies through ticketing and or arrange tow of vehicles
- Issue campus identification cards and parking permits
- Completes shift log daily
- Responds to emergency situations on campus and contacts appropriate authorities for additional assistance in accordance with established procedures
- Communicates with other staff to coordinate security related functions for special events on campus
- Adheres to university policies and procedures
- Works collegially and professionally with students, employees and external constituents
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life
- Performs other duties as required
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7339, email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Apply to:Jim Harden
Director of Campus Safety & Security
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930