Title: Regional Enrollment Officer
Location(s): Lower Michigan, Northern Ohio, Southeastern Illinois, Northern Indiana
Supervisor: Director of Admissions
Status/Type: Full-time / Staff / Exempt – 12 month
Position Summary: The Regional Enrollment Officer is responsible for acting as a liaison between the university and prospective students and their families. This position requires an individual who can work independently in recruiting students and in collaboration with a campus-based admissions team. This position is a professional representative of the university and is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner consistent with the university’s desire to promote a positive image and provide quality student service. Approximately 50% of this position requires travel and over-night stays.
Finlandia is a learning community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service. The University is committed to offering liberal arts-based, globally connected, international, ecologically sensitive, spiritually engaged, and career-focused baccalaureate and associate degree programs, as well as community education opportunities. A dynamic Lutheran institution located in the pristine beauty of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, the University fosters intellectual challenge, open dialogue, service to others, and an entrepreneurial response to a world characterized by change.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, organizational, and computer skills
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and a positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required
- Availability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally as required
- Master’s degree and/or evidence of further professional development
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Previous experience recruiting or working with underserved students
- Three years of experience in admissions in liberal arts setting and/or recruiting/sales
- Knowledge of financial aid policies and procedures
- Intensive recruitment travel in the Mid-West requiring overnight stays. Focused travel in Lower Michigan, Ohio, Indiana & Illinois
- Develops expertise in communicating important facts and information about Finlandia University and the admissions process
- Assist the intercollegiate Athletic program coaching staff with recruitment, enhancing the process to continue the enrollment growth of quality student athletes
- Continually meet and plan to exceed enrollment targets
- Accommodate a fluctuating working schedule that may include both evening and weekend responsibilities
- Understand details of academic programs including curriculum, philosophy, structure, costs, financing opportunities. Tell a compelling story about the value proposition for each program. Stay current on program evolution and new program development.
- Utilize CRM (EMP) to document all activity, interactions, and statistical records of prospective students and applicants.
- Assist with the development of partnerships and articulation agreements with organizations and selected community colleges. Make regularly scheduled recruitment visits to organizations and community colleges to meet with prospective students and influencers
- Seek the acquisition of lists of prospective students from high schools, churches, and other appropriate organizations
- Plan recruitment activities and other special events in collaboration with deans, program chairs, faculty, and staff to ensure quality representation of the university’s programs
- Create and develop relationships with high school administrators in the assigned geographic area.
- Build and maintain relationships with community colleges, academic advisors, and other influencers.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with student financial services, housing, academics, athletics, and the registrar on enrollment and recruitment activities
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings & communication with all prospective students to ensure successful matriculation
- Plan and develop travel itineraries and corresponding details.
- Collect and prepare proper documentation for reconciliation and reimbursement of expenses
- Guide & process students through the entire college application process including application completion and gathering required documents.
- Travel to on campus events at Finlandia University including but not limited to initial training (2 weeks), University check in/orientation (1-2 weeks) and other additional trainings/events (1-2 weeks)
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees, and external university constituents
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Perform other duties as required
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns:, Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7339, email@example.com.
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
E-mail a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position along with a resume:Collin Saint-Onge
Director of Admissions
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930