Title: Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program Chair
Department: College of Health Sciences
Supervisor: Dean of College of Health Sciences
Category: Faculty – Tenure Track with Administrative Duties
Status/Type: Full-time (12-month)/ Professional/Administrative Exempt
The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program Chair serves as a member of the faculty (rank commensurate with experience) who also holds an administrative appointment related to managing the PTA program. The PTA Program Chair provides effective leadership for the program, students, faculty, and staff in the areas of but not limited to communication, program assessment and planning, professional accreditation, curriculum development, fiscal management, and faculty evaluation. Congruent with the expectations for full-time faculty, the PTA Program Chair teaches courses, develops learning outcomes, assesses student learning, advises students, and serves on both departmental and University Committees.
- Master’s degree required (Entry level PT degree or advanced masters in health related field)
- Current license to practice as a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant in any U.S. jurisdiction
- Five (5) years full-time, post licensure experience with a minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Experience in curriculum development, didactic and /or clinical experience
- Administrative experience is highly desirable.
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving, and counseling skills.
- Current knowledge and skill in the use of information and computer technology (e.g., word processing, e-mail, database) or proven ability to learn these skills.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the profession of physical therapy and the ability to work effectively with faculty, students, and staff as well as with college administrators, alumni and the community.
- Terminal degree in physical therapy or related field
- Experience in educational theory and methodology, instructional design, Student evaluation and outcome assessment, including the equivalent of 9 credits of coursework in educational foundations or equivalency.
- Active in clinical practice.
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels.
- Provide effective leadership for the program including, but not limited to, responsibility for communication, program assessment and planning, fiscal management, faculty development, and faculty evaluation.
- Ensure that the program meets the requirements for CAPTE accreditation and completes necessary reports when required.
- Ensure that the program is in compliance with the philosophy, purposes, and objectives of the college and the administrative unit.
- Develop working relationships with the community that could contribute to and support the curriculum.
- Lead the development, evaluation, and revision of the program curriculum.
- Teach an average of 2 courses per semester in area of expertise.
- Advise students throughout the PTA curriculum.
- Participate on university and departmental committees.
- Maintain an active Advisory Committee made up of various community and professional members.
- Assist the Dean of the College of Health Sciences in maintaining enrollment within the program.
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees, and external constituents.
- Support institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University as “a learning community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service.”
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the academic leadership.
Anticipated start date: June 15, 2021
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Fredi deYampert, Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7301, fredi.deYampert@finlandia.edu
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEREmail cover letter and resume to: