Internal and External Posting Only
Title: Maintenance Worker
Department: Facilities Management
Supervisor: Director of Facilities Management
Status/Type: Full-time / Non-Exempt / Staff – Bargaining Unit
Rate of Pay: Per CBA
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Facilities Management, the Maintenance Worker is responsible for routine preventative and corrective maintenance to university buildings and equipment. The Maintenance Worker is also responsible for grounds upkeep and other assigned tasks.
- High school diploma
- Prior work experience in the maintenance field or skilled trades
- Knowledge of tools and materials used in skilled trades
- Ability to perform basic carpentry work
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and a positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and occasional evenings, as required
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds, and perform physical tasks
- Certificate or diploma from an apprenticeship program or vocational/technical school in maintenance- or repair-related field
- Prior experience in plumbing, pipefitting, welding, and maintenance of heating and chilled water systems
- Knowledge of air conditioning and HVAC controls
- Knowledge of simple electrical circuits
- Ability to write job specifications for material and to plan routine job repair
- Work on general assignments from a work-order system
- Work from blueprints, drawings, schematic diagrams, instruction manuals, and/or verbal instruction
- Perform general maintenance of university buildings and grounds including but not limited to garbage collection, lawn mowing and related trimming, and snow removal
- Perform basic repairs and maintenance on equipment including but not limited to heating systems, electrical circuits, and plumbing.
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees, and external constituents
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Perform other duties as requested
As a learning community, Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Karin Van Dyke, Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7344, email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Director of Maintenance
601 Quincy St., Hancock, MI 49930