Title: Food Service Worker
Department: Dining Services
Supervisor: Director of Dining Services
Status/Type: Part-time / Non-Exempt / Staff – Bargaining Unit
Rate of Pay: Per CBA
Position Summary: Responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to serving meals to the Finlandia campus, salad preparation, dish washing, and clean-up of the dining and kitchen area.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must display a pleasant, service-oriented attitude
- Must have the ability to work as a member of a team
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds
- Culinary degree from an accredited institution
- Safe-Serve certified
- Institutional cooking experience
- Valid MI driver’s license
- Set-up and maintain serving line in cafeteria.
- Serve meals to cafeteria guests while paying attention to proper portions and appearance.
- Clean and sanitize serving, kitchen, and dining areas after meals, including washing dishes.
- Prepare, distribute, and refill salad bar, deli bar, and dessert items as necessary.
- Follow procedures to maintain proper temperatures on all hot and cold foods per WUPHD codes.
- Assist in all phases of special events, including cooking, set-up, delivery, breakdown, and clean up.
- Maintain good personal hygiene as well as clean, sanitary, organized work and serving areas at all times.
- Adhere to university policies and procedures.
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees and external constituents.
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Perform other duties as required.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7339, firstname.lastname@example.org
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Email, mail, or drop off an application for employment to:Tim Nakkula
Director of Food Service
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930