Title: Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine
Supervisor: Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
The Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine reports to the Director of Athletics and will work under the direction of the Director of Athletics and will oversee the management and daily operations of the Athletic Training Room in all areas associated with supporting the University’s fourteen (14) athletic teams.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Current certification as an athletic trainer through the Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers.
3. Licensed (or eligible for licensure) to practice athletic training in the state of Michigan (must be obtained PRIOR to starting employment).
4. Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification
5. 2-4 years of experience in an intercollegiate athletics setting.
6. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills.
7. Must be able to work with a diverse group of people, in intense or emergency medical situations.
8. Must be able to meet continuing education requirements as mandated.
9. Must be able to satisfy the athletic event schedule for travel and work on weekends and evenings.
1. Master’s degree.
2. Four (4) or more years related and progressive experience in an intercollegiate athletics athletic training department or a sports medicine clinic.
3. American Red Cross Instructor Certified.
4. Knowledge of the NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to convey a message by adopting a range of styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience and nature of information. Ability to deal with a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy.
6. Ability to effectively communicate verbally, including knowledge of interview techniques.
7. Ability to effectively communicate in writing, both internally and externally, including editing and publication skills.
8. Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Mail or e-mail cover letter and resume to:
Director of Athletics
601 Quincy Street
Hancock, MI 49930
Application review will begin immediately and the position will remain posted until filled.