Department: Facilities Management
Supervisor: Housekeeping Coordinator
Status/Type: Full-Time (temporary) / Bargaining Unit / Staff / Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $11.23/hour
Benefit Eligibility: Per CBA
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, the Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning duties in university buildings and facilities. The Housekeeper has moderate contact with university employees and students while performing cleaning duties. This is a regular, full-time, bargaining unit position with a work schedule of 40 hours per week including weekends.
- High school diploma
- Three years prior work experience
- Physical ability to operate all cleaning equipment
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, integrity, and a positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds and perform physical tasks, including but not limited to standing, walking, and bending
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience performing institutional custodial/housekeeping duties
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and supplies
- Clean all types of flooring, wall, and ceiling surfaces in classrooms, offices, corridors, stairwells, bathrooms, showers, etc., using a variety of tools, equipment, and cleaning products
- Removal of trash and recyclables from offices and classrooms and deposit in proper receptacles
- Replenish supplies such as soap, paper towels, and bathroom tissue
- Burnishing and scrubbing of hard surface floors
- Dusting of furniture and woodwork
- Removal and cleaning of draperies and blinds
- Perform simple maintenance tasks, such as cleaning and changing vacuum cleaner filters, and simple maintenance on other cleaning equipment
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees, and external constituents
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life
- Perform other duties as required.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator , (906) 487-7339, firstname.lastname@example.org
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Apply to:Nicole Heikkila
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930