Title: Head Coach, Women’s Volleyball
Supervisor: Director of Athletics
Status/Type: Full-time / Exempt
Position Summary: The Head Coach, Women’s Volleyball is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of a successful intercollegiate athletic program by fulfilling specific job responsibilities in the intercollegiate athletic department. The Head Coach works as a team-player with primary responsibilities of coordinating all aspects of the women’s volleyball program and adhering to all NCAA rules for the sport of women’s volleyball. The Head Coach should foster student personal growth and development, and academic and athletic achievement. The Head Coach is viewed as a mentor and advocate of equity and diversity within the athletic department.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong interpersonal, management, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success of recruiting student-athlete prospects.
- Knowledge of, and experience working within, NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and a positive attitude.
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment characteristic of an institution experiencing enrollment growth and program development.
- Masters degree in Sports Management or Business field.
- Two years collegiate coaching/playing experience.
- Experience in relationship development and/or sales.
- Candidates with Strength & Conditioning certifications or Multimedia Design experience will be given special consideration.
- Recruitment and retention of 16 program specific student-athletes to the university in the sport of women’s volleyball.
- Collaborate with the athletic academic coordinator and university faculty to monitor academic progress of the student-athletes to ensure that athletic eligibility and academic standards are maintained.
- Provide leadership to ensure that athletes conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with university and athlete code of conduct working directly with the Director of Athletics, Dean of Students, and related staff of the Student Development Division.
- Secure a women’s volleyball schedule of competition with appropriate NCAA, NAIA and/or NCCAA colleges and universities to be approved by the Director of Athletics
- Arrange all travel needs for away competitions.
- Submit travel plans and budget requests to the Director of Athletics for all recruitment and athletic competition activities.
- Report game statistics to the Sports Information Director.
- Oversee team budget and operate team within budget limits
- Develop and promote camp programs designed for youth skill enhancement.
- Assist the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator to develop, implement, and monitor conditioning and skills enhancement programs designed to improve student athletic ability and performance.
- Adhere to all NCAA Division III, American Collegiate Athletic Association, and Finlandia rules and regulations governing collegiate athletics and the sport of women’s volleyball.
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life
- Perform additional administrative responsibilities as assigned.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7339, email@example.com.
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Application review will begin immediately and position will remain posted until filled.
Mail or e-mail cover letter and resume to:Curtis Wittenberg
Director of Athletics
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49931