Title: Head Coach, Esports
Supervisor: Director of Athletics
Status: Full-time / Exempt
The Head Coach will be responsible for recruiting qualified students for a competitive varsity Esports program, scheduling and coaching intercollegiate games, and scheduling practice preparation. The Head Coach should foster student personal growth and development, as well as academic and athletic achievement. The Head Coach is viewed as a mentor and advocate of equity and diversity within the Athletic Department.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong interpersonal, management, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting student-athlete prospects.
- Knowledge of, and experience working within, Esports rules and regulations. 5. Strong work ethic, integrity, and a positive attitude
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment characteristic of an institution experiencing enrollment growth and program development.
- Working knowledge of current competitive Esports games.
- Competitive level experience with multiplayer online video games.
- Master’s degree.
- Two years collegiate coaching/playing experience.
- Experience in relationship development and/or sales.
- Experience with social media.
- Recruitment and retention of a minimum of 25 program specific student-athletes to the university in the sport of Esports.
- Collaborate with the athletic academic coordinator and university faculty to monitor academic progress of student-athletes to ensure that athletic eligibility and academic standards are maintained.
- Provide leadership to ensure that athletes conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with university and athlete codes of conduct, working directly with the Director of Athletics, Dean of Students, and related staff of the Student Development Division.
- Secure a schedule of competition for the Esports program, to be approved by the Director of Esports, with appropriate colleges and universities.
- Submit budget requests for all recruitment and athletic competition activities to the Director of Esports.
- Report game scores to the Sports Information Director.
- Oversee team budgets and operate teams within budget limits.
- Develop and promote camp/clinic programs designed for youth skill enhancement. 9. Assist the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator develop, implement, and monitor conditioning and skills enhancement programs designed to improve student athletic ability and performance.
- Adhere to all NCAA Division III rules and regulations governing collegiate athletics and Esports.
- Adhere to university policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees and external constituents. 14. Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Support institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University “as a learning Community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service”
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or
tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Fredi deYampert, Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7301, fredi.deYampert@finlandia.edu
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEREmail cover letter and resume to: