Title: Food Service Worker
Department: Dining Services
Supervisor: Director of Dining Services
Category: Part-time / Non-Exempt / Staff-Temporary
Position Summary: Responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to serving meals to
the Finlandia campus, salad preparation, dishwashing, and clean-up of the dining and kitchen
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must display a pleasant, service-oriented attitude
- Must have the ability to work as a member of a team
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds
- A culinary degree from an accredited institution
- Safe-Serve certified
- Institutional cooking experience
- Valid MI driver’s license
- Set-up and maintain the serving lines in the cafeteria.
- Serve meals to cafeteria guests while paying attention to proper portions and appearance.
- Clean and sanitize serving, kitchen, and dining areas after meals, including washing dishes.
- Prepare, distribute, and refill salad bar, deli bar, and dessert items as necessary.
- Follow procedures to maintain proper temperatures on all hot and cold foods per WUPHD
- Assist in all phases of special events, including cooking, set-up, delivery, breakdown, and
- Maintain good personal hygiene as well as clean, sanitary, organized work and serving areas
at all times.
- Adhere to university policies and procedures.
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees and external constituents.
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more
fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.Tim Nakkula
Director of Food Service
601 Quincy St., Hancock, MI 49930