Title: Director of Donor Cultivation and Alumni Relations
Department: Advancement/Office of the President
Status/Type: Full Time/Exempt
Finlandia University is seeking an ambitious professional in higher education fundraising to lead Finlandia’s outreach to annual donors, community partners, and alumni. The Director reports to and partners with the President to implement Finlandia’s fundraising strategies and to achieve yearly goals. Core qualities and competencies expected include an informed and matured enthusiasm for the vision and mission of Finlandia University, exceptional drive and energy, a gift for building and stewarding relationships, ease with gift solicitation, and a persistently collaborative orientation in project planning and implementation.
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
2. A minimum of 3 years of proven effectiveness and progressive professional development in fundraising, community relations and corporate outreach, or related fields.
3. Ability to travel frequently if required.
4. Able and comfortable working with all levels of fundraising activity including donor research, discovery, cultivation, and gift solicitation.
5. Outstanding people, presentation, and communication skills.
6. Ability to meet project deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and ability to work with database systems.
1. A Finlandia alumna or alumnus.
2. A Master’s degree.
3. Demonstrated progressive professional development in higher education fundraising.
4. Proficiency in social media platforms.
5. Grant-writing experience.
1. Together with the President, establish advancement’s overall annual and strategic planning goals, strategies, and tactics.
2. Working closely with the executive assistant to the president and advancement, build and implement strategies for growing Finlandia’s outreach to annual supporters, community partners, and alumni.
3. Schedule and implement a calendar of advancement communications and community and alumni events and visits.
4. Build and steward a personal case load that reflects and supports annual and strategic priorities.
5. Serve as staff liaison with Finlandia’s alumni board.
6. Develop strong relationships with other departments to maximize fundraising opportunities across campus.
7. Assess for improvement advancement’s database and EMPOWER management system.
8. Contribute to budget building and stewardship.
9. Support Finlandia’s institutional identity and vision “to be a whole learning community, accompanying the whole student, toward a whole life.”
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns:
VP Academic Affairs/Title IX Coordinator
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER