Title: Director of Advancement and Major Gifts Officer
Department: Advancement/Office of the President
Status/Type: Full Time/Exempt
Finlandia University is seeking an ambitious and energetic professional in higher education fundraising. The Director will report to and partner with the Office of the President to implement Finlandia’s fundraising strategies and to achieve yearly goals. Core qualities and competencies expected include an informed and matured enthusiasm for the vision and mission of Finlandia University, exceptional drive and energy, ease with gift solicitation, a persistently collaborative orientation in all planning, and superior interpersonal skills.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of 4 years of proven effectiveness and progressive professional development in fundraising.
- Ability to travel frequently and occasionally work evenings or weekends.
- Able and comfortable working with all levels of fundraising activity including donor research, discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Outstanding people, presentation, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- A Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated progressive professional development in higher education fundraising.
- Proficiency in social media platforms.
- Grant-writing experience.
- Together with the President and the Executive Assistant to the President, establish goals and execute strategies needed to realize annual fundraising levels needed to advance Finlandia’s mission and vision.
- Direct all annual fund activities.
- Build and implement strategies for growing Finlandia’s capacity for donor research and
- Carry a personal caseload of no fewer than 100 top prospects.
- Write, present, and successfully close on proposals at the $25,000-plus level.
- Develop strong relationships with other departments to maximize fundraising opportunities across campus.
- Generate and manage budgets.
- Serve as the university’s lead voice on matters related to advancement.
- Support institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University “as a learning Community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service”
Salary will be commensurate with experience; Finlandia University provides a full benefit package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: VP Academic Affairs/Title IX Coordinator, Mannerheim #150.
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER