Title: Coordinator of Residence Life
Department: Student Life
Supervisor: Assistant Dean of Students for Residence Life & Campus Safety
Status/Type: Full Time/Exempt
Position Summary: The Coordinator of Residence Life is a full-time position in Student Life with oversight for housing management, residence life programs, staffing, and community development. This position will provide essential leadership for Finlandia University and support its efforts to develop a campus culture that is safe, welcoming, and respectful. The Coordinator will be responsible for? creating living environments designed to foster inclusivity, personal growth and responsibility.
- A bachelor’s degree in higher education, counseling or related field
- Professional experience in higher education with a focus on student life
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines required for reporting and submitting paperwork
- An understanding of and an appreciation for university policies, procedures and skills to serve as conduct officer
- Supervision and personnel management skills
- Masters degree in higher education, counseling or related field
- Should possess a thorough understanding of housing operations and occupancy,
- Fiscal management skills,
- Facilities management experience
- Experience working with and mentoring students
- Prior crisis management and or student life experience
- Is responsible for an annual review and edit of the Housing & Residence Life Handbook.
- Serves as an advocate for resident students’ needs and concerns.
- Maintains a high visibility in the hall and with residents and is approachable and compassionate with all students; knows names and pertinent information about residents.
- Facilitates administrative procedures such as housing assignments, residence hall check-ins and check-outs and occupancy reporting.
- Conducts annual surveys related to student well-being and presents data to University constituents.
- Coordinates multiple resident student activities, including: Welcome Student Cookout, Super Bowl Party, Diversity Dinner, etc.
- Oversees the selection and hiring process of Resident Assistants; assists with planning, implementing, and Resident Assistant training.
- Directly supervises Resident Assistants and conducts weekly staff meetings and regular one-on-one meetings with Ras; supports RA programming.
- Serves as co-advisor for Finlandia’s Student Senate; supports Senate programming.
- Directly supervises student worker team.
- Conducts and supervise Health and Safety Inspections.
- Works directly with Facilities Management regarding work orders and maintenance and Custodial issues.
- Oversees the purchasing process for programming in Finlandia Hall.
- Manages the two year live on requirement and audits commuter eligibility.
- Serves in the on-call rotation.
- Serves on University committees.
- Support institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University “as a learning Community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service”
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Fredi deYampert, Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7301, fredi.deYampert@finlandia.edu
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEREmail cover letter and resume to: