Title: Coordinator of Outreach and Partnerships, Finnish American Heritage Center
Department: Supervisor: Director of the Finnish American Heritage Center
Status/Type: Full-time (12-month)/Administrative-Exempt
This position will lead the planning and execution of outreach programming for the Finnish American Heritage Center (FAHC). The Finnish-American Outreach Coordinator will represent the Heritage Center and its many components at a variety of cultural and ethnic events across the country. Collaborating with the director of the FAHC and the director of the Finnish American Folk School, this position will work with other university departments, university boards and councils, as well as the Finnish-American community at-large, to develop and provide dynamic cultural programming that upholds the university’s mission and its roots.
- Familiarity with and passion for Finnish-American and Finnish culture, and a commitment to working both in a team setting, and as an individual
- Experience planning and executing events of varying scope and scale
- Willingness, ability and enthusiasm to travel frequently for events and to host programming at the FAHC; some evenings and weekends will be required
- Strong public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in individual and group settings
- A professional appearance
- A valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel by air when necessary
- Ability to speak, read and/or understand the Finnish language
- Bachelor’s degree in Finnish Studies, Nordic Studies, or a related field
- Experience in fundraising and/or grant writing
- Familiarity with archive preservation practices, library science or a related field
- Assume a leadership role with the planning and execution of cultural programming at the FAHC
- Represent the FAHC at events locally, regionally and nationally
- Serve as a fundraiser/donor relations representative for the FAHC
- Provide support for the Finnish American Historical Archive and its mission
- Assist with planning and managing the FAHC’s budget
- Supervise work-study students, interns, or others as needed
- Support the institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University
- Perform other duties as required
Salary will be commensurate with experience; Finlandia University provides a full benefit package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: VP Academic Affairs/Title IX Coordinator, Mannerheim #150.
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER