Title: Coordinator for External Relations and Advancement
Department: External Relations and Advancement
Supervisor: Vice President for Advancement
Category: Full-time (12-month) / Staff / Exempt
Position Summary: The Coordinator for External Relations and Advancement provides primary support to the office of the Vice President for Advancement:
- Provides administrative support for external relations and functions of the University including coordination of advancement activities, donor database recordkeeping and reports, assisting with events and public relations.
- The Position serves as the University’s Alumni Relations Liaison, developing and maintaining the alumni database. Serves as primary leader for all Alumni related events, communications and activities.
- Provides administrative support for the Jutila Center which houses University offices, as well as a vibrant business incubator. The coordinator handles a variety of functions including customer service with the general public, office and building administration, tenant relations, and promotional activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, business administration, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a busy office setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, professional integrity, and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in web and social media, as well as other computer applications, including MS Office, Excel and Empower or similar CRM database systems.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Provide administrative assistance as part of the University’s Advancement team with donor relation functions, donor database maintenance, record keeping and reports.
- Assist with updating the Advancement/Donor page on Finlandia’s website.
- Initiate and launch the Moves Management program within the Advancement Module of the University’s Empower database system.
- Assist with regular and periodic communication initiatives with donors.
- Provide planning and logistical support for events and outreach functions
- Attend events and public relations activities by providing hospitality, attending registration tables, greeter, and event clean up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position functions as the Finlandia University Alumni Relations Liaison
- Responsible for all Alumni functions, database maintenance, regular communication, Homecoming and other events
- Lead point of contact to provide University assistance to Alumni Relations Board and chapters
- Co-produce electronic Alumni newsletter and maintain Webpage with Marketing Communications Department
- Locate and install Alumni records on Campus into Alumni database.
- Provide professional customer service to building tenants, visitors, students, university colleagues, and business customers of the Jutila Center facility
- Assist director in leasing, building management and overseeing tenant requests
- Maintain the Jutila and University room reservation calendar and coordinate all event scheduling and the rental of facilities, including invoicing and setting up maintenance, janitorial, and security services
- Maintain and coordinate all Jutila office operations. Collect deposit, rents and fees from tenants and other building users to send to the Business office.
- Adheres to university policies and procedures
- Works collegially and professionally with the general public, students, employees, and external constituents
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Performs other duties as required
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7339, email@example.com
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to:Karin Van Dyke
Vice President for Advancement
601 Quincy Ave.
Hancock, MI 49931