Department: Food Service
Supervisor: Director of Food Service
Status/Type: Part-time/ Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $11.00
Benefit Eligibility: No Benefits
The cashier is responsible for receiving payment for meals, beverages and other purchases in the Cafe. Also responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary dining & service area.This is a regular part -time position with a work schedule of 16 – 32 hours per week including weekends.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Must have the ability to work as a member of a team
3. Ability to work without direct supervision
4. Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends
5. Strong interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, integrity and a positive attitude
1. Previous retail experience operating a POS system or cash register.
2. Previous Food Service experience
1. Checking University Identification cards to verify meal plans.
2. Collect payments for meals and other purchases from patrons not on a meal plan.
3. Stocking retail items
4. Cleaning and sanitizing tables and all service areas.
5. Sweeping & Mopping floors and stairs.
6. Refilling napkin holders, and table service items
7. Maintain good personal hygiene as well as a clean, sanitary, organized work area
8. Adhere to university policies and procedures.
9. Work collegially and professionally with students, employees and external constituents.
10.Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
11. Perform other duties as required.
Director of Food Service
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930