Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Nursing; Senior Academic Level
Supervisor: Nursing Department Chair
Category: Faculty, Tenure Track
Status/Type: Full-time (9 month) / Exempt
An Assistant Professor in Nursing is primarily responsible for the teaching and supervision of senior-level nursing students in the classroom and clinical settings. Senior academic-level clinical settings include Acute Care, Public Health, and Long Term Care areas with a focus on Management, Leadership, and Community-Based Nursing skills. Teaching responsibilities include the development and delivery of courses as assigned, participation in assessment activities, committee assignments, and academic advising.
- Master’s Degree in nursing or related field with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing received from an accredited nursing program; RNs holding a BSN and enrolled in a graduate nursing program will also be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical nursing experience in Medical/Surgical area
- Unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
- Current CPR certification
- Doctoral degree in nursing, education, or related field
- Previous teaching experience in academic, clinical settings and online
- Ability to work with diverse faculty, students, staff, and administrators
- Instruction of classes and clinical components as assigned
- Direct and indirect supervision of students in diverse clinical settings
- Coordination of clinical, lab, and course assignments in collaboration with the faculty team within the academic level assigned
- Evaluation of students in class and clinical/lab settings
- Regular communications with students regarding progress
- Maintenance of student academic records
- Uphold expected course outcomes
- Participate in program assessment activities
- Uphold teaching, advising, and service responsibilities as outlined in the Faculty Handbook
- Lead, supervise, motivate, and mentor students and provide uncommon attention to their educational development
- Perform various administrative duties as required or assigned
- Maintain and safeguard confidential data under HIPAA and FERPA regulations
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- Work collegially and professionally with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents
- Support the institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University as “a learning community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service”
- Perform other duties as required, as assigned by supervisor, or in accordance with the Faculty Handbook
Mail or e-mail a letter of application describing qualifications for and interest in the position, along with resume or curriculum vitae, copies of transcript(s), and names of three professional references, to:
For additional information regarding this position, please contact Lori Sullivan, Chair, Nursing, at (906) 487-7333 or email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Position will begin in August 2022.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socioeconomic status,
sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: VP Academic Affairs/Title IX Coordinator, Mannerheim #150.
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER