Title: Assistant Football Coach – Tight Ends & Running Backs
Supervisor: Head Football Coach
Status/Type: Part-time / Staff / Exempt – 3 months
Position Summary: As a team player within the athletics department, the Seasonal Assistant will assist the Head Coach in fostering student personal growth and development as well academic and athletic achievement. The Seasonal Assistant will assist the Head Football Coach in recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes, and the administration of a competitive NCAA Division III football program while adhering to all NCAA and/or conference rules for the sport of football. The Seasonal Assistant must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty, and other members of Finlandia’s community and constituents of the Upper Peninsula.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired.
- Minimum of 3 years coaching or playing experience; preference will be given to coaches who have demonstrated coaching experience within an intercollegiate varsity football program.
- Preference will be given to the candidate who has demonstrated a proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes who will fit the academic profile of Finlandia’s student body.
- Knowledge of, and experience working within NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and a positive attitude.
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment characteristic of an institution experiencing enrollment growth and program development.
- Assist the Head Football Coach to develop, structure, and implement a competitive intercollegiate football program, striving for team athletic and academic achievement.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of specific student-athletes for the sport of football at Finlandia University.
- Coach and be responsible for a position on the field and in position meetings.
- Collaborate with the athletic academic coordinator and university faculty to monitor academic progress of student athletes to ensure that athletic eligibility and academic standards are maintained.
- Provide leadership to ensure that athletes conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with university and athlete code of conduct.
- Assist to develop and promote camp/clinic programs designed for youth skill enhancement and community engagement.
- Assist the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator to develop, implement, and monitor conditioning and skills enhancement programs designed to improve student athletic ability and performance.
- Assist the Head Football Coach in the creation of weekly game plans that give our players and team the best opportunity to succeed against the opponent that we are facing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Head Football Coach.
- Adhere to all NCAA Division III rules and future conference regulations governing collegiate athletics and the sport of football.
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator , (906) 487-7339, email@example.com
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Interested applicants should email in PDF form a resume, three professional references, and a letter of interest to:Travis Wiltzius
Head Football Coach
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930