Title: Assistant Football Coach – (QB’s/WR’s)
Supervisor: Head Football Coach
Status/Type: Exempt / Staff
Position Summary: Assist the offense side of the ball with coaching the quarterbacks and wide receivers with possibility of coordinator duties. Assist the head coach and staff with all day-to-day operations. Responsibilities will include practice organization, game plan preparation, scouting/ game breakdowns (Hudl), positional organization, academic accountability, recruiting, and all other duties assigned by the head football coach. Must be highly organized and show commitment to leadership and developing young men both on and off the field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or seeking.
- Preference will be given to coaches who have experience in coaching quarterbacks or an offensive skill position at the collegiate level.
- Preference will be given to the candidate who has demonstrated a proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes who will fit the academic profile of Finlandia’s student body.
- Knowledge of, and experience working within NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment characteristic of an institution experiencing enrollment growth and program development.
- Master’s degree.
- Two years collegiate coaching/playing experience.
- Coordinator experience especially as it pertains to the pass game.
- Coach and develop quarterbacks and wide receivers within our offensive philosophy.
- Create offensive strategy in the passing game as well as assist in implementation of offensive game plan.
- Monitor and tracking of student-athletes academics.
- Recruit student-athletes that will thrive at Finlandia University with our admission requirements and program requirements.
- Assist in all special teams; fundamentally as well as strategy.
- Support head coach, staff, and the athletics department with any task needed to be accomplished.
- Adhere to all NCAA Division III, MIAA, and Finlandia University rules and regulations governing collegiate athletics and the sport of football.
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7339, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application review will begin immediately and position will remain posted until filled.
Mail or e-mail cover letter and resume to:Travis Wiltzius
Head Football Coach
601 Quincy Street
Hancock, MI 49930