Title: Assistant Athletic Director for Operations
Supervisor: Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
The Assistant Athletic Director for Operations is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of a successful intercollegiate athletic program by fulfilling specific job responsibilities in the intercollegiate athletic department. The Assistant AD for Operations is expected to work as a team player with primary responsibilities of coordinating facility and game event duties for all Finlandia sport programs, administrative responsibilities of NCAA rules compliance, and administering Finlandia Athletics academic coordinating duties. The Assistant AD for operations should foster student personal growth and development as well as academic and athletic achievement.
1. Bachelor’s degree and progress towards an advanced degree in Sports Management or Business field.
2. Two (2) years administrative and/or collegiate coaching experience.
3. Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.
4. Knowledge of, and experience working within NCAA rules and regulations.
5. Strong work ethic, integrity and a positive attitude.
6. Adaptable to a dynamic environment characteristic of an institution experiencing enrollment growth and program development.
1. Master’s degree in Sports Management or Business field.
1. Supervise support staff for all University athletic events and activities such as work-study aides and team personnel and support staff.
2. Coordinate and manage the scheduling of the Athletic facilities (Paavo Nurmi Center gymnasium and McAfee Field).
3. Coordinate all operational aspects of Finlandia’s home athletic contests, officials’ assignments and facility organization.
4. Develop and assist the director of athletics in overseeing athletic staff recruitment profiles and analytics.
5. Provide leadership to ensure that athletes conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with university and athlete conde of conduct working directly with the Director of Athletics, Dean of Students, and related staff.
6. Monitor compliance of NCAA Division III regulations and function as the central liaison between the department of athletics and the NCAA and/or affiliated conference.
7. Monitor student-athlete academic success through the use of progress reports, mid-term grades, and representing the Athletic Department on the Student Intervention Team (SIT).
8. Provide updated reports of academic eligibility, early warning and ineligibility of studentathletes to the coaches and the Director of Athletics.
9. Collaborate with university faculty to monitor academic progress of student-athletes to ensure that athletic eligibility and academic standards are maintained.
10. Adhere to university policies and procedures.
11. Work collegially and professionally with students, employees and external constituents.
12. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Mail or e-mail cover letter and resume to:
Director of Athletics
601 Quincy Street
Hancock, MI 49930
Application review will begin immediately and the position will remain posted until filled.