Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing
Department: International School of Business (ISB)
Supervisor: Dean, International School of Business
Category: Faculty / tenure- track
Status/Type: Full-time (9-month) / Professional – Exempt
Finlandia University’s International School of Business, located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, is looking for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing.
The International School of Business offers a BBA with a focus on providing students with the knowledge and skills they will need to succeed in today’s dynamic business world. Faculty provide experiential-based learning and personalized advising to guide the student on their path to graduation and beyond. If you would welcome the opportunity to become part of a small but dedicated faculty that aims to maximize the learning opportunities of our students, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing will teach marketing and business courses including principles of marketing and upper-level marketing courses, plus other business courses as assigned by the ISB Dean. The Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing will advise marketing and other business majors and be responsible for enrollment growth of the marketing major. Further responsibilities include curriculum development, university service, professional development, and other duties may be as assigned in accordance with the faculty handbook. The position begins in August 2021.
- MBA or related degree with a concentration in marketing
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness to advise and assist students in their career development.
- A desire to lead the expansion of Finlandia’s marketing concentration and the International School of Business as a whole
- Knowledge of or experience with online, mobile and social media marketing
- At least 2 years of work experience in a marketing position
- For appointment at the Associate level, significant prior marketing teaching experience at a college or university with excellent teaching evaluations
- An earned doctorate in marketing
- Professional certification
- Student advising experience at a college or university
- Desire and/or experience teaching and integrating practical marketing applications in addition to marketing theory and techniques into the curricula
- Experience teaching online courses and familiarity with online learning environments
- International background or experience is a plus
- The ability to integrate innovative educational approaches and techniques into the classroom environment
- Teach assigned marketing and related courses in the ISB’s bachelor of business administration (BBA) degree program including principles of marketing, integrated marketing communication, digital marketing, buyer behavior, and other marketing courses
- Advise marketing and other business students by providing high quality personalized academic guidance, scheduling advice, support for development of professional practice skills, and other assistance
- Supervise ISB student internships and projects
- Assist the ISB Dean in maintaining relationships with local, regional and international partners in order to develop and promote academic collaborations including student projects, internships, study abroad, placement opportunities and other mutually beneficial collaborations
- Participate in evaluation and development of the BBA program curriculum.
- Participate in the development of online courses, certificates, and programs
- Lead, supervise, motivate, and mentor students and provide uncommon attention to their educational development
- Work professionally with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- Participate in professional development and service activities
- Participate in student recruitment and retention efforts
- Adhere to university policies and procedures and maintain and safeguard confidential data
- Support the institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University as “a learning community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service”
- Perform other duties as required, in accordance with the faculty handbook
A review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body. Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns:
Title IX Coordinator
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mail or e-mail a letter of application describing qualifications for the position and interest in teaching at a small liberal arts university, along with resume or curriculum vitae, copies of graduate transcript(s), and names of three professional references to:
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930