Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Management
Department: International School of Business (ISB)
Supervisor: Dean, International School of Business
Category: Faculty / tenure- track
Status/Type: Full-time (9-month) / Professional – Exempt
Finlandia University’s International School of Business, located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, is looking for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Management with a focus on Healthcare Management.
The International School of Business offers a BBA with a focus on providing students with the knowledge and skills they will need to succeed in today’s dynamic business world. Faculty provide experiential-based learning and personalized advising to guide the student on their path to graduation and beyond. If you would welcome the opportunity to become part of a small but dedicated faculty that aims to maximize the learning opportunities of our students, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Management will teach courses in the Healthcare Management major plus other core business courses as assigned by the ISB Dean. The Assistant/Associate Professor of Management will advise Healthcare Management and other business majors and be responsible for growth of the Healthcare Management major. Curriculum development, university service, professional development, and other duties may be as assigned in accordance with the faculty handbook. The position begins in August 2021.
- MBA or related degree with a concentration in Management, Healthcare Management or Administration
- The ability and to advise students on scheduling and other academic matters as well as assisting them in their career development
- A desire to lead the growth and development of Finlandia’s Healthcare Management concentration and the International School of Business as a whole.
- Knowledge of or experience with online instruction
- At least 2 years of work experience in a healthcare management or administration position
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Basic computer skills and the ability and willingness to utilize the student databases and the university’s Learning Management System (LMS)
- For appointment at the Associate Professor level, significant prior Healthcare Management related teaching experience at a college or university with excellent teaching evaluations
- An earned doctorate in Business or Healthcare Management
- Experience teaching courses in Healthcare Management/Administration
- Professional certification in healthcare management or administration
- Student advising experience at a college or university
- Experience teaching online courses and familiarity with the online learning environments
- The ability to integrate innovative educational approaches and techniques into the classroom environment
- Teach assigned Healthcare Management and related courses in the ISB’s bachelor of business administration (BBA) degree program including Healthcare Law and Ethics, Healthcare Finance, Healthcare Information Systems and potentially others, as well as core business and management courses
- Advise Healthcare Management and other business students by providing high quality personalized academic guidance, motivation, and support for development of professional practice skills, and other assistance
- Supervise Healthcare Management student capstones, internships and projects
- Assist the ISB Dean in maintaining relationships with local, regional and international organizations in order to develop and promote academic collaborations including student projects, internships, placement opportunities and other mutually beneficial collaborations
- Participate in evaluation and development of the BBA program curriculum
- Plan the development of an online BBA degree in Healthcare Management, and certificate programs
- Perform various administrative duties as required or assigned
- Participate in professional development and service activities
- Participate in student recruitment and retention efforts
- Adhere to university policies and procedures and maintain and safeguard confidential data
- Work professionally with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- Support the institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University as “a learning community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service”
- Perform other duties as required, in accordance with the faculty handbook
A review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body. Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns:
Title IX Coordinator
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mail or e-mail a letter of application describing qualifications for the position and interest in teaching at a small liberal arts university, along with resume or curriculum vitae, copies of graduate transcript(s), and names of three professional references to:
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930