Title: Assessment and Assurance System Coordinator
Department: Office of the VP for Academic Affairs (Provost)
Supervisor: VP for Academic Affairs
Status/Type: Full-time (12-month) / Staff / Exempt
Position Summary: The Assessment and Accreditation Coordinator works with faculty, staff, and university-wide leadership on assessment and accreditation efforts across the campus. The Assessment and Accreditation Coordinator assists in the planning, development, and implementation of assessment and accreditation activities for the university. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and directing activities related to program review and accreditation needs in academic and co-curricular departments, coordinates and facilitates annual assessment events.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social sciences, research methods, or related field from an accredited institution
- 3-5 years of experience in the fields of social science, business, education, or health administration
- Knowledge of assessment and accreditation within higher education
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively across disciplines with administrators, faculty, and staff
- Skills in planning, managing and improving processes, communication and relationship building are required
- Written communication is critical to this position as well as decision making, analysis and technical skills in Microsoft office and shared document platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, and e-mail functions
- Excellent oral, electronic and written communication skills.
- Detail-orientated work style, including ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Problem-solving aptitude and initiative
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Master’s degree in education, social or behavioral sciences, or equivalent from an accredited college or university
- Experience with Higher Learning Commission accreditation processes
- Experience with data analysis software programs such as MS Excel, SPSS, or other systems
- Manage and coordinate the curricular and co-curricular assessment activities across campus
- Track progress on campus-wide assessment activities, departmental assessment goals
- Actively participate on the university’s Assessment Committee and oversee the university’s assessment tracking system
- Work with the deans, department heads, and co-curricular leadership to ensure that all assessment data is properly collected and entered into the assessment tracking system
- Coordinate curriculum changes approved through Academic Council, enter curriculum changes in the university curriculum-tracking system
- Collaborate with deans and the chief academic officer on the collection and evaluation of course syllabi
- Track academic policy revisions and ensure that catalog edits and the website remain updated with policy revisions
- Coordinate accreditation activities including but not limited to arrangements for site visits, collection and storage of accreditation evidence, and manage the HLC Assurance System for accreditation
- Serve on institutional committees as assigned
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees, and external constituents
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7339, firstname.lastname@example.org
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Finlandia University participates in the federal E-Verify system. Individuals hired into positions must have their identity and work eligibility confirmed by the E-Verify system. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by email to:Fredi de Yampert
Vice President for Academic Affairs
601 Quincy Ave.
Hancock, MI 49930