Title: Administrative Assistant
Supervisor: Nursing Department Chair
Status/Type: Full time / Exempt / 12 months
Position Summary: To provide a broad variety of clerical, managerial, and administrative support duties within the nursing department and for the nursing faculty.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential materials, records, conversations, and communications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities, multitask, work without supervision, adapt to changing situations, and take the initiative to solve problems.
- Ability to handle stressful, dynamic work environment.
- Associate or Baccalaureate degree desirable, office management experience preferred.
- Communicate extensively with students and nursing faculty.
- Communicate extensively with Finlandia University employees/departments and outside agencies/companies on behalf of the nursing department.
- Assist chairperson in management of activities within the department and appointments with students.
- Organize nursing office operations.
- Track departmental expenditures and maintain spreadsheets.
- Compile and maintain files and records for students in the various nursing programs, including the files for graduates to be maintained in perpetuity. Monitor online compliance tracker for all nursing programs.
- Assemble and maintain departmental data and assist with compiling annual reports.
- Maintain records pertinent to the functioning of the nursing department.
- Prepare requisitions for supplies, equipment, and work orders for maintenance and follow-up on all requests.
- Assist faculty, as needed, to prepare examinations and teaching materials (handouts, transparencies) as directed by faculty, and correspondence and photocopying for the department.
- Prepare, distribute, and maintain all written clinical agency contracts annually.
- Prepare and distribute orientation materials for each student entering the nursing program.
- Prepare and package course syllabi for distribution as required.
- Research projects via Internet as faculty assigns.
- Responsible for all department incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain the nursing computer lab. Assist students and troubleshoot software and hardware problems.
- Monitor textbook orders each semester for nursing courses.
- Correspond with publisher sales representatives for textbook desk copies, teaching materials, and assessment tests orders.
- Prepare certification of graduation forms required by the State Board of Nursing.
- Assist nursing faculty with travel arrangements as needed.
- Relay messages to nursing faculty, other departments, and students.
- Assist students in fundraising activities, as needed.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the chairperson and nursing faculty.
- Supervisory: Select, schedule, and supervise work-study students for the department
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees and external constituents
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Perform other duties as required.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7339, email@example.com
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Application review will begin immediately and position will remain posted until filled.
Mail or e-mail cover letter and resume to:Lori Sullivan, DNP, RN
Director of RN-BSN Program
Associate Professor, Nursing
601 Quincy Street
Hancock, MI 49930