Title: Administrative Assistant for ISB and SCAS
Department: International School of Business/Suomi College of Arts and Sciences
Supervisor: Dean, International School of Business; Dean, Suomi College of Arts and Sciences
Status/Type: Full-time (12-month) / Staff / Exempt
Position Description: To assist in the coordination of the activities of the International School of Business (ISB), and Suomi College of Arts and Sciences (SCAS) to provide administrative assistance to the Schools’ deans and faculty.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong secretarial skills
- Strong work ethic, integrity and a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, organization and computer skills
- Requires proficiency in the use of major computer word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
- Must be able to set priorities, work independently and uphold confidentiality
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment characteristic of an institution experiencing enrollment growth and program development
- Previous experience working in a college administration
- Proven track record building relationships with external constituencies
- Knowledge of social media as a marketing and communication tool
- Knowledge of social media as a marketing and communication tool is desired.
- Develop a broad knowledge of university and department policies, procedures and programs in order to handle questions and inquiries. Adhere to such policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the various administrative requirements and reporting procedures for the ISB and SCAS during the academic year
- Collect, maintain and provide course, and departmental information
- Maintain and update the database of students
- Develop course and room schedules
- Maintaining office equipment
- Scheduling and take minutes at ISB and SCAS departmental meetings
- Coordinate other ISB and SCAS events and presentations
- Process office purchase requisitions, inter account billings and check requests.
- Initiate and monitor requisitions for supplies.
- Receive and route mail.
- Communicate with outside agencies and companies on behalf of the ISB and SCAS dean and department faculty
- Proactively assist with social media communication
- Set up and video record student presentations (ISB)
- Perform desktop research (ISB)
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees and external constituents
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Perform other duties as required
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Alyson DeLandsheer, Human Resources Manager/Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7339, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
E-mail cover letter and resume to:Alyson DeLandsheer
Human Resources Manager
601 Quincy Street
Hancock, MI 49930